Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Mark-Ups

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Dealer Mark-Ups

I called a dealership last week, and the said that they accept X-plan, but will charge a $1000 "market adjustment" even on an order. I guess I will have to try the other 30 metro detroit ford dealers. Has anyone had luck in the detroit area with their purchase?
Have you tried Jerome Duncan yet?
Old 03-08-2005, 10:02 PM
quandocosta

In south Fl here we started getting convertible GTs delivered. $5k+over msrp I saw while I wandered around waiting for a service call to be done. Nuts to them. Mustang GTs can be had for msrp or a little less here. One dealer here pulled the no test drive unless you are a serious buyer and pay over msrp crap (Al Packer-a bum in the business)...bye bye to him! There is no way you should pay anything over msrp unles you are unwilling to shop around in a 30 mile radius (or more in the booneys).
Old 03-08-2005, 11:21 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wdwrd_Cruzr

I called a dealership last week, and the said that they accept X-plan, but will charge a $1000 "market adjustment" even on an order. I guess I will have to try the other 30 metro detroit ford dealers. Has anyone had luck in the detroit area with their purchase?
Report that dealer. If they accept X plan pricing, they can't charge extra for "ADM, extraneous fees, nor any sort of special conditioning (i.e. fancy wax treatments that they charge stupid money for). Ford will not pay them a commission on cars sold under X plan with that type of BS added to it.

Old 03-09-2005, 12:22 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05GrayGT

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

Here is what they responded with:

"I would love to assist you with your Mustang GT purchase. However, they are
in large demand and in short quantity. We currently have a $5000.00 over
MSRP sticker on our vehicles in stock. We had three and sold all three over
President's Day weekend. We can order one for you and the price would be
MSRP, but you are going to run into the same problem with time. We are not
expecting any on our lot for approximately two months. And on an order it
would be even longer. "

This was at Koons Ford.
I would E mail Koons ford back and say, "Thanks for the price quote. Because I am doing a little comparative shopping, I have realized that you guys are a LOT higher in price than everyone else in my area. Not only has your dealership turned me off because of your extreme price, but I will make sure I tell every soul I meet not to shop your dealership. To make it right, I will need you to beat my best offer on a new gt by $500. Have a nice day."
And they would say to go somewhere else because we can make more money off the next guy. There will always be someone else that will pay a higher price because of the demand for that car.
Sad to say, this happened to me, and at the dealership I bought my $36K truck at in 03. They even had the general manager come to the table (on three other dates I tried to buy an 05 from them), and stick his fat hand out to shake mine. he said "when you get closer to our deal, you come back and see us", I said its doubtful I will ever be back here. Never got a follow-up call from the sales person, like I did the other two times. Bought an 05 at a different dealer within a week, within $350 of what I was trying to get at the other dealership, and a full $3000 lower than their "deal".

As you can tell here, I bad mouth them every chance I get. H*bler Ford, Shelbyville Indiana
Old 03-09-2005, 03:50 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

The dealer i ordered my Gt from was straight up from the get go. Halfway between invoice and MSRP. He also put the order in at the highest priority he has. Big dealership, they move lots of cars, they get treated better by Ford. His average wait for his customers ordering GTs(5) was 8 weeks from order. Gig Harbor Washington, Courtesy Ford. The guy at the dealership in the next town only wanted to shoot me daown and try to get me to buy the V6 he had on his lot and when I wasn't interested tried to show me the Mazda RX8. Yeah right.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:56 AM
MongrelMan
1st Gear Member

Always do your preliminary work via internet.... gets right down to the point and you have paper back up if they try to backpeddle when you come in. I've noticed the difference dealing over the internet like night and day... never do walk-ins...
Old 03-09-2005, 03:09 PM
stangfreak2
2nd Gear Member

ya i asked for a quote on my v6 and the lady said she could get it for me for 1200 off...plus 500 for the american quarterhorse thing...but i dunno about a gt...i just ordered it yesterday tho and they said i wont be getting it till like early july...thats rediculous
Old 03-09-2005, 05:41 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangfreak2

ya i asked for a quote on my v6 and the lady said she could get it for me for 1200 off...plus 500 for the american quarterhorse thing...but i dunno about a gt...i just ordered it yesterday tho and they said i wont be getting it till like early july...thats rediculous
Now where did you get that American Quarter Horse thing from?
Old 03-09-2005, 07:40 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Just talked to another dealer in my area that has a GT in the color that I want but in a premium model and more options than I am looking for. They added stripes to it and they have had it on the lot for a while. They are asking MSRP for it and will not budge any lower. They said they bought it from another dealer and had to buy a 02 T-Bird along with the deal. Whether their story is true or not, this utter BS on their part. I told him that I already had one on order and that dealer is giving it to me for $150 over invoice. He said that he would buy all that he could at $150 over invoice. He did say that Ford is going let every dealer get at least one Mustang this year no matter the size of the dealer. I just hope the he11 mine is that one since the dealer that I am going through is a small dealer. They did have one this year, the one I test drove but didn't like color and had no options. I hope that is not that one that they are being promised for the year.