Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anybody's Shaker 500 work flawlessly?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 01:29 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

Default Does anybody's Shaker 500 work flawlessly?

If search was working better right now I'd dig up every scrap there to figure this out but I can't get it to cooperate...sorry. Does anybody's Shaker 500 system work flawlessly? I've heard some of the worst case scenarios....stops playing anything altogether, CD's getting stuck inside, etc. Mine doesn't do any of that but it does often 'reset' when I start the car. I listen to CD's about 99% of the time. Sometimes when I start the car the radio won't remember any of my CD's and has to flip through them all and reinitialize them before it will play anything. Then it won't start back where I left off in the middle of the CD but it does remember which of the 6 CD's I was listening to last and starts at the beginning of it.

Annoying? Kinda. But at least it's not eating CDs. Does anybody's work perfectly? If it's possible to get perfect function I'll take it in and let the dealership replace it (still under warranty) but if they all have their little quirks to them, then I'll just be glad it's not worse and get on with it.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:30 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default RE: Does anybody's Shaker 500 work flawlessly?

I have had 0 problems with mine, however I only listen to the radio and ever so often CD's.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:31 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

No problems yet......knock on wood.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:33 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

no problems for me either
Old 10-25-2007, 01:34 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

No problems. I usually use my ipod though.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

Mine works perfectly. I listen to radio, cd's and use the input plug for my ipod and haven't had any problems.

Of course, I only have 1,600 miles on my car, so take that for what it's worth!
Old 10-25-2007, 01:36 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Mine works FLAWLESSLY!

I've never had any problems with it, even though I bought my car used and it's an 05 so it's been out for 3 years. I'm not sure if the previous owner had any problems with it but I don't.

I don't actually use my shaker a lot. I prefer listening to the music of the O/R H w/ Borla stingers!!
Old 10-25-2007, 01:39 PM
More4Dan

No problems at all. Only 5,000 miles and 4 months old. I usual listen to the Sirius Radio but the CD player hasn't been a problem. You may want to check if there have been any Technical Bulletins issued.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:39 PM
MirandaRae
2nd Gear Member

I have constant problems with mine... I use my cd player 100% of the time and ive had it where it decides it doesnt want to work anymore and will just shut off..of course that doesnt happen at the dealership.

Ive already taken it in because the speakers were messing up.. they said it was loose wires.. now its happening again.. and its going to be going back again..

I could get the headset replaced but they said that for them to do it I would have to leave my headset with them and then wait for a week or so to actualy get a new one it... which is kind of stupid...

arg... stupid sterio.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I have a 2005.
It skips on factory CDs, won't play some mp3 disks, will sometimes start back on track #1 if I turn the car off while listening to other tracks, takes a LONG time to switch between CDs... nope nothing wrong with mine! Acts just like 90% of all other Shaker 500s!

PS - I also forgot how it includes a blank pause between songs! Really sucks if the songs are supposed to go together. See Dark Side of the Moon (or most Pink Floyd Albums), or the Beatles' Abbey Road Golden Slumbers medley.

Quick Reply: Does anybody's Shaker 500 work flawlessly?