Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Mustang's "leather seats".

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 11:31 AM
soldier boy
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Question about Mustang's "leather seats".

some here got an 08sitting with mods and im still here in iraqsucs will be home soon cant wait for my first date with her lol .....i also got the leather seats few months left man o man cant wait
Old 10-26-2007, 12:02 PM
gnrpatience
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rshamekh

Basically where you sit exactly is what's leather, the dotted part with the holes in it is leather!
The rest is plastic, and the rear seats are all plastic!!

If you have red leather, DON'T use leather cleaner on it because it will ruin your clothes!
Hey I have red leather on my pony, i use leather cleaner for it, but now you say not to use, so what else can i use to clean red leather ??

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2007, 12:25 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

I assume you were in Iraq as part of the US military.....not on a weird vacation.
If so, thanks for your willingness to do violence on my behalf. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

What about the chamois leather? That's originally what I was looking for, but the only one the dealer could find on the east coast had been sold a few days before I bought mine, so I got black/parchment....black "leather" seats, black carpet, black front and rear dash, parchment (tan) accents around windows and instrument panel. I'm really happy with my stang's interior.

I've often thought that if I had millions of dollars, I'd buy a lot of Mustang GT's and give them to some of our soldiers coming home from their tours overseas.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:47 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Welcome[sm=americanasmiley.gif] and thank you for your service[sm=patriot.gif].

As with most car manufactures including BMW and Mercedes, leather trim means leather in the seating portions and pleather, leatherette, vinyl, etc. on the sides and backs. When car states FULL leather is when its completely leather.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Mustang_Danny

Don't worry Soldier Boy time will fly by faster than you think and soon you'lle trade 120-140 degree weather for a nice and comfortableA/C ride inside your newMustang. I know just thinking about it made it a bit easier for me over there (Delta co. 2-124th INF; K.A.O.S. Platoon)

Everybody else thanks again, it definitely has been a warm welcome to these forums and back to the states. I look forward to sharing more with you guys and ladies in these forums.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:34 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gnrpatience

ORIGINAL: rshamekh

Basically where you sit exactly is what's leather, the dotted part with the holes in it is leather!
The rest is plastic, and the rear seats are all plastic!!

If you have red leather, DON'T use leather cleaner on it because it will ruin your clothes!
Hey I have red leather on my pony, i use leather cleaner for it, but now you say not to use, so what else can i use to clean red leather ??

Thanks!
+1

BTW I was impressed by the leather on my seats,alot nicer than the Vette I had
Old 10-26-2007, 06:13 PM
MEDIC
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustang_Danny

Don't worry Soldier Boy time will fly by faster than you think and soon you'lle trade 120-140 degree weather for a nice and comfortableA/C ride inside your newMustang. I know just thinking about it made it a bit easier for me over there (Delta co. 2-124th INF; K.A.O.S. Platoon)

Everybody else thanks again, it definitely has been a warm welcome to these forums and back to the states. I look forward to sharing more with you guys and ladies in these forums.

Welcome back man! Are you 11B, or support? I'm not sure what KAOS means?
I'm a Medic (obviously) in M6 school right now. I'm really gonna miss my car when I go over there!

Kinda glad you posted this though, I've been scared to clean my seats for the same reason.
I learned about the Eagle Eye 20/20 for my tinted windows on this forum, and that has been working great.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for your service and welcome. As has been mentioned, the facing seating surfaces of the front seats and headrests are leather, the rest is vinyl. Fortunately, vinyl is very tough stuff, so anything you use on the leather surface will not harm the vinyl parts. Just make sure to hit them with a quality product often to keep them clean and from drying out, and you will be fine. Vinyl is indestuctable,whether you treat it or not, vinyl products are overrated. The vinyl on my '88 convertable is still in great condition, despite years of neglectand the element exposure of being a 20 year old vert. Take care of the leather and let the vinyl fend for itself.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Mustang_Danny

ORIGINAL: MEDIC

Welcome back man! Are you 11B, or support? I'm not sure what KAOS means?
I'm a Medic (obviously) in M6 school right now. I'm really gonna miss my car when I go over there!

Kinda glad you posted this though, I've been scared to clean my seats for the same reason.
I learned about the Eagle Eye 20/20 for my tinted windows on this forum, and that has been working great.
I'm 11B. K.A.O.S was our platoon's name in Mosul. I would tell you what it stans for, but I don't want to run the risk ofoffending anybody though

Take carewhen you go over there [sm=signs003.gif]
Old 10-26-2007, 11:05 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

I use Meguiars leather cleaner on the vinly parts too and it works great.

Quick Reply: Question about Mustang's "leather seats".