Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my wrecked 05

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 11:43 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Default RE: my wrecked 05

ORIGINAL: aode06

this is what happens, when you dont get a lwayer involved. Their lawyers are doing this

Most likely...
But he still can beat them, because in the end, that law suit will cost them more than put the car right, even if they win.
I'm going by my own customer experiences here... You go to civil courtand file against the bastards ($70 to $200 depending on the county etc...).
I had a customer that got a $2000 supplement to fix his car after he won his court case and he didn't use a lawyer. So it can be done.
Crooked insurance companies out there, will pull this kind of crapand they know that they hardly have a case if the customer sues.
But 8 times out of 10, the customer chikens out and let go. So the bastards win.

A young kid customer of mine needed a quarter panel replacement on his one year old car. Geico said no way, so I fought for him a little and got thelabor (15 hours) needed to replace that part but theydidn't want to pay for the new quarter ($400). I'm like WTF? They recognized that the part had to be replaced, since they allowed the labor time to do the job, but theywant to do the job half way?
The kid was intimidated and didn't take them in front of the, judge so he bought the part out of his pocket. They won...
That adjuster b#tch, BTW, no longer works for that insurance company.

Sorry for the long post.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

That's why I used an approved repair shop. Insurance Collision Center. Avoid like the plague!
They screwed up in about 6 ways, with overspray in several places, didn't reinstall parts correctly, made a mess...
I'm probably going to switch insurance soon, since rates are getting more competitive and the first thing I'm going to ask is "what shops will I be able to take my car too?"

Good luck to you. I would recommend paying for an inspection and suing the insurance company should the problems be crash related.
BTW, why haven't you sued the person who hit you?

Old 10-27-2007, 01:43 PM
MustangHeat2007
2nd Gear Member

Ugh, I am so sorry to hear about your Pony! I agree that you need to get an attorney for your side of the case, just to be on the safe side. Insurance people can be rather crooked and will find any loophole to screw you out of your money.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:20 PM
MirandaRae
2nd Gear Member

ug, thats why when I got in my accident I got a lawyer... I would rather have the peace of mind knowing stuff was taken care of then have to wory...I dont know where your located..but if your in so cal and you need to get stuff fixed.. I had my work done at Ben Clymers Body Shop... they did an excelent job. good luck on getting suff fixed
Old 10-27-2007, 03:25 PM
alex0o85
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangHeat2007

Ugh, I am so sorry to hear about your Pony! I agree that you need to get an attorney for your side of the case, just to be on the safe side. Insurance people can be rather crooked and will find any loophole to screw you out of your money.
FOR EXAMPLE:

I was in an accident where my rear glass shattered. They "repaired it" it. I evetually got into a second smaller bump with a wall, and the second repair shop which I chose instead of my insurance showed me that the glass they had put in was an inferior brand. i always knew their was something diferent about it, in sum lights I see these black stripes going from top to bottom. they kept telling me it would be like new again.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:34 PM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

OMG. I used Insurance Collision Center when my '97 Vette was in a wreck. It took them almost a year to get my car put back together correctly! They forgot the front air dam, they had the hood put on so uneven that I could hardly close it (how does THAT not get checked???), forgot to put back in the engine bay stickers, terrible alignment, etc...

It was a mess. It took them over 2 months to get me the car back, and then a whole year to get it back correctly. Unreal... That was in 2000, but it still is a horrid memory...

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

That's why I used an approved repair shop. Insurance Collision Center. Avoid like the plague!
They screwed up in about 6 ways, with overspray in several places, didn't reinstall parts correctly, made a mess...
I'm probably going to switch insurance soon, since rates are getting more competitive and the first thing I'm going to ask is "what shops will I be able to take my car too?"

Good luck to you. I would recommend paying for an inspection and suing the insurance company should the problems be crash related.
BTW, why haven't you sued the person who hit you?