Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dont know what to do :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 12:22 AM
WoodburyNJ
1st Gear Member

Default RE: dont know what to do :(

aahahahahahahhahahahaahaahha true
Old 10-27-2007, 03:23 AM
str8wick3d
3rd Gear Member

stangs not going anywhere guys thanks! cai/tune 4.10s next on the list! but prolly some suspension first to get rid of this wheel hop
Old 10-27-2007, 09:07 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT
whenever you think about buying a 4 banger, just mod your stang
+100

cars were ment to have 6-8 cylinders 12 sometimes but never 4

to the OP now go sit in the corner for 30min and think about what you posted
+1
Old 10-27-2007, 10:05 AM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

I know you've made your decision, but here's more input for those thinking of 'going to the dark side'. I had an SRT-4. When I first got into it, I thought it was pretty cool. It was quick, good on gas, and could be modded pretty easily.

But pretty quickly, it was apparent that I was too 'mature' for the darn car. Most people (not all) were in their late teens/early twenties. Almost seemed like every time I logged into the SRT-4 message board, someone had lost their life doing something stupid. If you visit their forum, make sure that no children are around. It's pretty darn immature, and I am not sure how women visit it (come to think of it, they probably don't). The people posting who had Evos, STIs, and WRXs looked to be no better.

I also got tired of FWD (not a concern on the WRX) and lack of low end torque. I like being able to feel that rush when you stomp on the gas pedal at low speeds/RPMs. Not just see the speedometer quickly move. This was made more clearly when I babysat my parents' WS6 TransAm for a week. That pretty much cemented my return to the land of V8.

Heck, if you compute the loss you'd take in trade-in value right now, you could just put a TS blower on your car and feel 10x better than that WRX did!
Old 10-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Ultrashock
2nd Gear Member

My buddy has a modded out wrx and it's pretty fast no doubt. I havn't gotten into a real race with it yet but for sure once i tune my car. The tranny sucks as well as the clutch, fragile as glass. He blew out a stage 2 clutch just launching! That's horrible considering many people here run forced induction on a stock clutch with the mustang. I dont see many people taking on circuit racing as a hobby so I would consider the mustang a much better car. Plus, i like roaring in public...not farting.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:49 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: Buckman

Buy what you want, they are quick little cars that is for sure.
Only you can rank the importance of what you feel you need.
To the poster that stated the inadequacies of the 4 cyl., I need only mention the word SVO.

Or Cosworth.

Also, Rally cars in the 80s were doing 600hp, mid engine twin turbos 4cyl and lasted the whole race. Different story for the suspension though.
It was the Group B and after a few deadly crashes (Lancia Beta, Peugeot 205 T16), it got banned and theymade a different group more civilazed.
Technology sure did narrow the gap beetwen V8s and smaller engines in the performance department.

Having said that, 4 bangers will never have a cool sound and a good ammount of torque, no matter what a Dyno says.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:32 AM
StangAddiction

Glad to see you keeping the American Muscle. Just something to remember, as I always say : An American car that becomes 15 years or older is restored if in poor condition, an import is turned into a work beater. I got my first taste of V8 power when I was 20 years old when I bought a '67 Camaro. I couldn't even pump gas without someone walking up to me wanting to talk about the car. People constantly staring.

Just an example of the difference. Funny ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5NCrNBKRpw
Old 10-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Ultrashock
2nd Gear Member

LMFAO!! That video is priceless. I can't stop laughing.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:57 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Love those wheelies!

Same thing for my 06 at the gas station...
"Man, what model Mustang is that one? Ford did a good job this time."

Or better with my 70 Cougar...
"Hey man, what kind of car is that? Bad @ss, looks like Mad Max car".

I must admit that my old Cougar draws a crowd because they're gone. You never see them, rarely at car shows either.
20 year old kids don't have a clue what it is. I'm having a blast driving that thing (5spd Tremec helps).