Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first "mod" from Texas Hot Rods...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 05:51 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My first "mod" from Texas Hot Rods...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Even when I was trying to set up an appointment they never called me back, nor did they ever email me back. I had to call and call and call.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:51 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SnakeFan

mlcrycc....I love your car!
THANK YOU!!!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 07:42 PM
MEDIC
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jfitts23

hows it going i was stationed there at fort bliss too. i used to get alot of my work done at hot rod connections. they know there stuff. they race at desert demoz track alot. i got a 93 lx and my friend has a 89 gt we both were happy. long as you buy the stuff there and have them install the price is decent. there's another good mustang shop if your looking at the police station on dyer its on the left side right next to it i can't remember the name but there good to.they do alot of race cars. in el paso make sure you do your research and know the prices of things before you check them out because alot of places in elpaso will try and get over on customers on everything around there.go to desert demoz check out the races i think the big nights or friday and sunday.

That is GREAT information, thank you! I will look into those places for my future mods. I really appreciate the help!

I didn't mention that I was a member here, so I guess I missed the discount. Oh well. I have overpriced exhaust, life goes on. Was the price difference a simple mistake? Possibly. But they didn't give me good info from the start, overcharged me, and then failed to return a phone message from an obviously dissatisfied customer. That's enough to say goodbye for me. Others may be very happy ordering from their online store, and I'm not trying to discourage that. If that has been working for you, then great. I'll just take my future business elsewhere, and that'll be that.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:47 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Ask us next time for a good price on stuff.

Never buy through a middle man unless he has some major discount that he's passing to you which shouldent be far away from some of the online prices you can get anyway.

BTW you got the wrong system

get pypes mid mufflers or SLP LM. Say no to axlebacks. Its either the muffler in the right spot or none at all.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:12 PM
jfitts23

oh yea the other place name is showtime performance next to the police station. in general your not going to get to many good prices on stuff in el paso. that city feeds off the military so they like to tax them. you might come out better getting parts of the net for cheaper and getting your mechanic buddy's in the unit to help you install at the auto hobby shop yourself. and just take it to the shops to be tuned. i know at showtime there was a guy that did installs on the side for half the money he's cool.i think he's name was jared.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:15 PM
texashotrods
2nd Gear Member

Ok,

Sorry, I didn't see this, and FIRST OF ALL, I want to unequivocably apologize for any issues you may have had. It's not acceptable for you to be unhappy, no matter what. I consider it 100% our fault, no matter what the "excuse" is, because we should have made everything very clear so you would leave satisfied!

I do want to address some issues....

1) PHONES
In terms of all the phone issues, we have had NOTHING but phone problems since moving to Packet8 VOIP about last July. I have had NEVER ending complaints about lost messages, missed calls, not being able to get a hold of someone.

Believe me, when it comes to phones, we WANT to be able to take care of our customers! It is SO MUCH easier to take care of a customer and get them happy the first time!

So in the past 3 weeks we installed a COMPLETELY new phonesystem (Vocalocity) which INCLUDES a call que (you listen to music as you wait for the next available agent) so we don't miss ANY calls or Voicemails. For anyone who tried to call in the past week it has been a nightmare because the NEW phones weren't working either (problems with the DSL), so we brought in a phone consultant and SBC until it finally got corrected. So for TWO whole days we seem to have functioning phones, which makes us THRILLED because it's not really worth much to have a 2 page ad in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords when you can't answer the phone!!!

Our phones are now manned 9am-6 pm M-Ffor customer service, and sales calls are taken from 9am - 9:30 pmMST the entire week (thanks to Mitch!)....

2) Pricing
I have no idea why you would be priced that for the 05-08 Axle Back, but ifyou did get a MAC-TK2546 and get priced that then it was absolutely wrong and I'm happy to refund you the difference immediately!! Please email me liz@texashotrods.com with your name / Work Order # so I can fix this immediately! If it was a different brand / part # then that may be the issue.

Most people who come in to the store check out the website, so it would be idiotic for us to try to pull wool over your eyes for $125. Word of mouth is the most important thing, and trying to get an extra $125 from someone is SO not worth it!!! Like you said, it was your "first" mod with THR, it's absolutely NOT worth it to me to make a little more on your first mod and then it be your last!!!

Again,if we did make a mistake it's 100% our fault and we'll fix it! Please call me or Perla 915-613-5280 (Liz) / 915-613-5283 (Perla) so we can get this taken care of right away!

3) Procharger....
Procharger's are custom made to order. And although we trust everyone completely, circumstances change. And we've learned the hard way, as we currently havea Procharger in our shop that's been there for a year and half from a customer who made a deposit on it. We do have to pay Procharger upfront in order to get your Procharger, and we can't just resell it to the next guy down the road, so unfortunately YES we have to have full payment before it ships.

4) Customer Service...
I quit my job last year and started working at THR full time to focus entirely on improving the customer experience. We completely restructured our customer service department, added a return policy, clarified all the policies on the website,the toll free #, anda satisfaction andlow price guarantee in order to improve that service. We've added staff strictly to take care of customers (Perla and Me!). So of course I'm VERY dismayed to see you had a bad experience, because in the end it reflects on our company but on me personally because it's my job to make sure you're happy!! In the end, it doesn't matter what we've changed because what really matters is that YOU were happy with your experience!

We are absolutely human and make PLENTY of mistakes, but we honestly have the best of intentions. When we do make a mistake, we certainly want to hear about it and we really appreciate your feedback! Beyond that, we want to FIX IT! We're not a big company, we're not a middle sized company, we're a SMALL company that appreciates and needs each and every customer we get!

Please give us a call, talk to Perla or me, Liz (I'm out of town in Phoenix this week but will be back on Monday), and we'll do the best we can to get you taken care of!

Again, I am VERY SORRY and want to make it up to you!

Thanks!

Lizzie Metzger
liz@texashotrods.com
Old 11-01-2007, 10:52 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

very helpful see!

Makes me want to buy something from thr
Old 11-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

See, this is what I ment about THR. I truly believe they are a great company. I called Perla about the status of my Procharger that I ordered from Brian, and she said she would get back to me. She did and appologized for the phone system.
Give them a chance and I am sure you will be happy...

Thurman
Old 11-10-2007, 08:09 PM
FORDM
I ♥ Acer

Liz, I do just about all my shopping for my stangs there, it's just I was not told that when I left my deposit, and I ordered it on Sept 6, and here it is November, I keep getting the same response, its almost ready, i have been told that a few times, I am not going to stop shopping there, but I would like for the salespeople to be upfront about whats going to happen. I have the bug and am eagerly awaiting my blower. I was told now it would be early this week coming up, so I am hoping thats right. I went to Evolution and ordered my pod and guages, paid next day air shipping, supposed to be here Friday, here it is Saturday, and nothing. I cant win.