MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Cars running badly (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/36330-cars-running-badly.html)

757GT 02-27-2005 09:47 PM

Cars running badly

I got 1600 miles on my '05 and it is running badly. I just installed SLP power-flo axle back. I don't know if it is running badly because I haven't tuned it yet or if maybe I should change the oil. I have heard that the break in period for this motor is tough on it and maybe that is it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jagbits 02-27-2005 09:48 PM

RE: Cars running badly

I have heard that the break in period for this motor is tough on it and maybe that is it.
What do you mean??

757GT 02-27-2005 09:55 PM

I have heard that alot of metal shavings and stuff get in the oil and it slows it down. My car is really sluggish. It's takes longer to downshift than when I first got it and it is much slower. Something is wrong.

Daniel60 02-27-2005 10:11 PM

Man I hate hearing this but it is in my opinion maybe you need to go to the dealership and have them look at it. After all I remember seeing something in the recalls about the engine running rough. You do have a warranty get it checked out. I have 4940 miles on mine and it still runs real strong. However I do get a strange vibration noise sometime when I first start it and disengage the clutch . The dealer couldn't find it but at least it is docmentated. Hell maybe that new exhaust has something to do with it but I doubt it.

Casper98GT 02-27-2005 10:19 PM

Well, like the dealership says, everything on the car is stock. And because its the way it is from the factory its perfect. NVH ( Noise, vibration and harshness) is the way it is from the factory. Maybe there is something wrong with it that has nothing to do with modding. But i know when you start replacing parts and have professional installs, it still vibrates differently, it still makes different noises and everything about youre car is going to react differently now.

As for takning it to the dealership because of warranty. Im sure they will say there is nthign wrong with it and tell you what i just explained.

757GT 02-27-2005 10:38 PM

Thanks guys.

jagbits 02-27-2005 10:45 PM

I would take it to the dealer ASAP just in case something IS wrong. I don't think changing the exhaust would cause what you're describing but who knows...

1fast05GT 02-27-2005 10:59 PM

757, take it to the dealership. Definetly there is something wrong with your car if it feels sluggish. Mine has 5,200 miles and runs great. You have a warranty and if something is wrong you are within your rights to get it checked under warranty regardless what some people might say.

Casper98GT 02-27-2005 11:05 PM

PErsonally i would beat the living crap out of it to get a check engine light. But thank god no one else is like me. :D

jagbits 02-27-2005 11:10 PM

PErsonally i would beat the living crap out of it to get a check engine light. But thank god no one else is like me
Oh we're out there, and we will do it if the situation arises trust me!!