MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Another aftermarket tune review... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/364456-another-aftermarket-tune-review.html)

JMono 10-31-2007 03:11 PM

Another aftermarket tune review...

I installaed the 93 octane tune yesterday from Brenspeed. The mid-range power and driveability is much improved. The car pulls to redline (and past) like a freight train. I installed the C&L street intake at the same time so I don't know how much that had to do with it. I'm a firm believer that the majority of the power comes from the tune anyway. The the ability to bump up timing and run 93 octane is a large reason the car feels so much stronger. I am also very satisfied with the extra sound boost. The car sounds fantastic now. There is still some minor throttle delay.

Best of all, I bought the C&L intake and XCAL2 used for $325 shipped plus three tunes from Brenspeed for $125. I am out the door at $450. I don't know if I will ever bother to load the 87 octane tune, but it's nice to have.

BTW - the motor pinged on my very first WOT run in 3rd gear after driving about three miles from my house. It has not pinged since and I have driven it 500 miles with approx. 20-30 more WOT sprints in various gears.

Daniel60 10-31-2007 03:23 PM

RE: Another aftermarket tune review...

His tunes are unreal. I have tried two others that didn't come no where close.

hammeron 10-31-2007 03:42 PM

the cai + tune really wakes these cars up

wthalliii 10-31-2007 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: JMono

I installaed the 93 octane tune yesterday from Brenspeed. The mid-range power and driveability is much improved. The car pulls to redline (and past) like a freight train. I installed the C&L street intake at the same time so I don't know how much that had to do with it. I'm a firm believer that the majority of the power comes from the tune anyway. The the ability to bump up timing and run 93 octane is a large reason the car feels so much stronger. I am also very satisfied with the extra sound boost. The car sounds fantastic now. There is still some minor throttle delay.

Best of all, I bought the C&L intake and XCAL2 used for $325 shipped plus three tunes from Brenspeed for $125. I am out the door at $450. I don't know if I will ever bother to load the 87 octane tune, but it's nice to have.

BTW - the motor pinged on my very first WOT run in 3rd gear after driving about three miles from my house. It has not pinged since and I have driven it 500 miles with approx. 20-30 more WOT sprints in various gears.

Great to hear. I just ordered a Steeda CAI and XCalibrator 2 from him. He's backlogged 5-7 days right now, so it will probably be a couple of weeks getting here. Can't wait.

JMono 10-31-2007 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: wthalliii

ORIGINAL: JMono

Great to hear. I just ordered a Steeda CAI and XCalibrator 2 from him. He's backlogged 5-7 days right now, so it will probably be a couple of weeks getting here. Can't wait.

Yeah, it took him six business days to get the tunes to me. It was worth the wait.

Fullsayl 10-31-2007 03:57 PM

I love his stuff, its like a whole new car man. The only problem that I have is the new rubber I am going to have to buy a little...err...a lot earlier than planned. I don't think that is his fault tho...more to do I think with my penchant for lighting'em up in order to scare young teeny ricers when they get a little too frisky.