Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dirty Stang

Old 10-31-2007, 08:57 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Dirty Stang

ORIGINAL: RomanPacific

We have some pretty harsh water restrictions going on where I live (North Carolina)due to a 6 month drought and seeing my Stang sitting there dirty is about to kill me. Last week we had just enough rain to make my car go from kinda dusty to down right nasty. I'd like to ask everyone in the Southeast to plaese do a rain dance or something so we can get the restrictions lifted and I can wash my baby once again. Its hard to take pride in something, even as nice as the Stang, when it looks like this.
LOL, I'm with you. I'm in GA and the car washes are still open. I went through a $5 touchless wash today. The kind where you sit in the car, drive into this shed looking thing and it sprays high pressure water and soap all over the car. Did a pretty good job, but the damn thing didn't dry off my car, fans never kicked on. I had a 30 mile drive home and I drove 85-90mph the whole way to dry her off. There was still water on her by the time I got home.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:22 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Plenty of the wet stuff up here in Washington..wish I could send some down there....
Old 10-31-2007, 10:24 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Water restrictions. It's your mustang. You gotta do it. Skimp on a few showers or baths, quit washing the dishes and just eat over the sink.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:32 PM
metlcub
2nd Gear Member

Im in GA (Alpharetta) and I cant wash either of mine. Thank god for Sky wash and a $80 a month unlimited car was deal they have. Then I bring them home and do minor touch up's to make her then SHINE.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:43 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: metlcub

Im in GA (Alpharetta) and I cant wash either of mine. Thank god for Sky wash and a $80 a month unlimited car was deal they have. Then I bring them home and do minor touch up's to make her then SHINE.
$80 a month just to keep your rides clean?
Old 10-31-2007, 11:10 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Drought wtf
get a car port w/ removeable walls and wash it anyway

wft up with the weather its been record lows all summer and is about to hit 29f at night soon (way early for here)
only got to 104f this summer normaly it would hit 114 for at least 2-4 days
Old 11-01-2007, 06:26 PM
RomanPacific
1st Gear Member

I guess I will have to break down and use the carwash, but I hate to put those nasty swirlmarks on that nice Redfire paint job. Maybe I'll go over there about midnight and hand wash it it using their water.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:33 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Dress up in dark clothing and wash your car a night.If the water police come by tell them u no speeky ingles..estop..yo no understang.....
Old 11-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: loots06

Dress up in dark clothing and wash your car a night.If the water police come by tell them u no speeky ingles..estop..yo no understang.....
here in Atlanta, most cops speak spanish that no workee.

Also, a night car wash is probably better than no car wash at all, but it will definately suck when you see it the next day.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:01 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

I'm in NC, but not in city limits, so we use well water. However, we are even more concerned with restricting our water so our well doesn't run dry. Anyway, I give my stang a sort of "sponge bath". I use two spray bottles. One has clean water. The other has a few drops of Turtle Wax Ice carwash solution mixed with water. First, I go over the car thoroughly with my Cali car duster to remove any loose particles. Then I clean the car one panel at a time...soapy spray, wipe with microfiber, clean spray, wipe with another microfiber. After the car is clean I apply spray wax. It seems to work well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dirty Stang