Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loans for s/c?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: loans for s/c?

ORIGINAL: stangboy555

Ok, fine. My final piece advice would be to not get the supercharger. Throw the$5k into a mutual fund and let it sit, after 40 years and an annual percentage gain of 9% compounded monthlyit would turn into $180,550. So over the long run it's actually going to cost you $180k for a supercharger that you didn't need in the first place for a car that you'll probably trade in in 5 years.
Be sarcastic all you want. Not many people can say they will have their house paid off when they are 45and be able to retire at 55. So, I'll waveto you in about oh 11 years from whatever is the hottest fastest car at the time while I cruise the roads in zero debt and figure out what I want to do that day.

And my family would be considered average. Married, three kids,and our combined income is just a hair over 100k so I'm far from well off. Average about sums it up. The financial decisions you make now while you're young will affect the rest of your life.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:36 PM
stangboy555
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

ORIGINAL: stangboy555

Ok, fine. My final piece advice would be to not get the supercharger. Throw the$5k into a mutual fund and let it sit, after 40 years and an annual percentage gain of 9% compounded monthlyit would turn into $180,550. So over the long run it's actually going to cost you $180k for a supercharger that you didn't need in the first place for a car that you'll probably trade in in 5 years.
Be sarcastic all you want. Not many people can say they will have their house paid off when they are 45and be able to retire at 55. So, I'll waveto you in about oh 11 years from whatever is the hottest fastest car at the time while I cruise the roads in zero debt and figure out what I want to do that day.

And my family would be considered average. Married, three kids,and our combined income is just a hair over 100k so I'm far from well off. Average about sums it up. The financial decisions you make now while you're young will affect the rest of your life.
All I was trying to say is to just live a little. I don't know anyone's financial situation and I really don't want to to... We all have different financial goals and each of us are taking care of ourselves... But every now and then if you have to pay a premium (interest) on a toy and you want it that bad then by all means do it. You only live once and I for one don't have a signed contract with the almighty that says I'm going to be around retirement time (but I will try my damndest!).
Old 11-02-2007, 01:40 PM
CAL SPC 2007
1st Gear Member

Sounds to me like this person is giving you a green light!!!!! SC here we come... the joy of over 400 horses!!! You should see if the credit card company will give you 15K, this way you can buy one to use, and one as a spare in case the first one breaks!

A really good strategy right now is to start collecting huge limit credit cards and cash advance all of them to the maximum, then you will have lots of cash on hand too, worry about the payments later. Imagine the fun in your supercharged stang, cash flying out the back, chicks, chicks, and more chicks!!! Play now, Pay later. Go nuts!!!! Carrol Shelby will want to be your friend, I bet. You'll be eating Thanksgiving dinner in his dining room listening to old cobra war stories and drinking the finest of wines!!!!

**My post should be considered a parody and should not be taken seriously. I think anyone who comes into a mustang forum and asks advice about finances deserves to get some abuse.