Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Ended (Car Finished.. advice needed)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Dex
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Rear-ended this morning =(

after being in an accident and screwing up my neck i only got 1,000 bucks and i wake up every morning in pain. dont settle and take all the money you can! Not for a s/c but for all the bills you will need to pay the rest of your life. trust me!
Old 11-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: Vegasfilter

SUE SUE SUE.......id nail that bitch to the wall.
If she's 19 she doesn't have any money to begin with so it would be a waste of his money to go after her. He should go after her insurance.

Not to mention the girl may get a negligence charge tacked on due to her KNOWINGLY driving a car that was operating without brakes.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:00 PM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chain1

That sucks man.
On another note, it pains me to see everyone telling you to sue the **** out of her. She should definitely get a ticket and probably lose her license for a while.Obviously she shouldalso pay for your car and medical expenses and any other expenses you incur due to the accident but it's disheartening that people would use an unfortunate accident as a potential financial windfall. We've all made mistakes (maybe not as stupid as this girls, but that's besides the point.) Good luck with everything.
knowingly driving without functioning brakes is not an unfortunate accident - it's borderline criminal. If the OP had been killed in this accident she would be looking at criminal charges. Sometimes the only way to get stupid people (like this girl) to wake up is to sue them/their insurance company. Luckily she didn't kill anyone this time, but this chick needs a swift kick in the azz.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Vegasfilter
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 300GT

That sucks man.
On another note, it pains me to see everyone telling you to sue the **** out of her. She should definitely get a ticket and probably lose her license for a while.Obviously she shouldalso pay for your car and medical expenses and any other expenses you incur due to the accident but it's disheartening that people would use an unfortunate accident as a potential financial windfall. We've all made mistakes (maybe not as stupid as this girls, but that's besides the point.) Good luck with everything.
knowingly driving without functioning brakes is not an unfortunate accident - it's borderline criminal. If the OP had been killed in this accident she would be looking at criminal charges. Sometimes the only way to get stupid people (like this girl) to wake up is to sue them/their insurance company. Luckily she didn't kill anyone this time, but this chick needs a swift kick in the azz.
Well said 300....well said.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:08 PM
VanGTCS
2nd Gear Member

Insurance companies get their money from other drivers, not just the people who were involved in the accident. The more people sue, the more everyones rates go up.

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't sue, I'm just pointing out that the money doesn't magically appear. It comes out of the pockets of every other driver on the road, and the more people sue, the higher the rates go.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:12 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VanGTCS

Insurance companies get their money from other drivers, not just the people who were involved in the accident. The more people sue, the more everyones rates go up.

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't sue, I'm just pointing out that the money doesn't magically appear. It comes out of the pockets of every other driver on the road, and the more people sue, the higher the rates go.
Thats true but innocent victims need to be compensated.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

Dont sue the girl, you go after her insurance. Its not for money to buy **** but for your medical bills your whole life. I got screwed over because my life will never be the same with this neck injury. Im not exaggerating either! When you get in a bad whiplash accident it will ruin your neck. My neck muscles are damaged completely. I have what 5% of the whole US population has and i got 1,000 bucks! I've already spent that on pillows/chiro/ibuprofen, etc...
Old 11-01-2007, 12:19 PM
rjg426
1st Gear Member

Glad to see you're ok. It could have been worse I guess. I know how you're feeling; I'd be crushed if that happened to me.

I also got my black GT from Sunshine (which means I better look out for this girl in my area too!). Fortunately, black is pretty easy to match, being non-metallic and all. I hope everything turns out well and you get ample compensation for the physical and mental damages.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Dorsil
2nd Gear Member

im hurting like hell now that a few hours after, my body is starting to stiffen up.. Sue?.. sue what.. some 19 year old girl who was too much of a ditz to realize no breaks is somthing you get fixxed no matter what.. Sue the inssurance ? for what?

right now, anger is flowing through me so im not making any calls aside from my inssurance today..

Tomorrow when i cant move cause im stiff as ****.. yes.. I probably will call my family lawyer and see what we can do. When i find out how much damage money was done, and if they total it.. and if im going to owe money.. yep.. calls will be made..

but for right now, im alive thank god after that hit.. i hurt.. but im ok.. and yes it was my car.. but its still just a car. it can be replaced
Old 11-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

That sucks man.
If that same thing were to happen to me, I'd better be well taken care of as far as medical. If it takes me months to get better, I'd go sue happy.

Quick Reply: Rear Ended (Car Finished.. advice needed)