Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust experiences, add one more to the book. (pypes mid muf review)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

Default Exhaust experiences, add one more to the book. (pypes mid muf review)

To begin with, for the new people, exhaust is a matter of taste!

Ok, today I installed the pypes mid muffler system, I have the kooks LT headers and catted X.

I loved my previous setup but had to start the change because of the turbo kit I've ordered, so I needed to go to a straight thru muffler design, so flows out, LT's out, X's out, so the exhaust tune I love needed to go, I also would like more loudness so if I stayed non-turbo I would try to delete de cats and be happy.

I had trouble with driver side pipe that substitutes the muffler, had to bent, solder and work in the muffler shop. At the end it worked, and it is in, have to recheck how the mufflers go because they are really close to the fuel tank cover.

My conclusions:

- The flows are excellent for a daily driver, no drone, clear sound.
- The mid pypes is an excellent kit for the money.
- They are loud, even catted, I can't imagine them off road. I expect the turbo will silent it a lot, but at the same time the cats will go out, so who knows?
- For those that want a not so expensive system that is somehow loud and have the original headers and cats, I think this kit is great for that.
- This kit does change the sound of the car, it does not sound like a 3V, sound more like a mean 2V. But it wont ever sound like a 5.0 like I read around here.
- The midpipes do drone, not much, but they do drone, thinking on how loud it is, the relation loud/drone aint that bad.

So, if your a looking for a nice exhaust for not much money, get it.

And it even comes with a hat!

Old 11-02-2007, 03:43 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust experiences, add one more to the book. (pypes mid muf review)

I agree 100% with the above post. Sounds amazing with an O/R H but be prepared bc it is loud. But I guarantee you it will be the best sounding S197 you've ever heard.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:46 PM
NyFordTech
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust experiences, add one more to the book. (pypes mid muf review)

Pypes Mid Muffler FTW, luv the sound i have the bassani o/r x with bbkheaders sounds like the 04 n down stangs, i had slps and thought they were loud.The o/r pipe was jus to loud i put the high flow cats in and im satisfied no trumpetting couldnt be happier.BTW make sure u hit those speed bumps sideways i bottomed out on the m80 muflers a few times.
I highy recomend this setup if u want that older mustang sound i have tons of sound clips but cant find a free editor for quicktime movies.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:51 PM
red06gt
1st Gear Member

Somebody help him out with a free quicktime editor! You would be helping everybody out so everyone could here the clips
Old 11-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NyFordTech

Pypes Mid Muffler FTW, luv the sound i have the bassani o/r x with bbkheaders sounds like the 04 n down stangs, i had slps and thought they were loud.The o/r pipe was jus to loud i put the high flow cats in and im satisfied no trumpetting couldnt be happier.BTW make sure u hit those speed bumps sideways i bottomed out on the m80 muflers a few times.
I highy recomend this setup if u want that older mustang sound i have tons of sound clips but cant find a free editor for quicktime movies.
You can find what your looking for in http://www.videohelp.com/convert , try to convert your mov into an AVI or MPG and edit them in the free movie maker.