Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SuperCharger Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 02:21 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SuperCharger Questions

This thread makes no sence to me for more then one reason... I def have to call BS here as the post is weird...[8D]
Old 11-04-2007, 02:32 AM
casperorr
2nd Gear Member

Take a look at the dyno readings yourself and then see if it is BS please. I don't know allot about this area of performance, but this is what my readings are saying. The dyno readings are in my picture gallery. Just click on my camera and see the charts. Thank you,

Casper
Old 11-04-2007, 02:41 AM
Elsboo
1st Gear Member

How come you did this in late september and need help now? Have you been drivin it that long?
Damage may already be done!
Old 11-04-2007, 02:51 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

if you a/f was really that high you wouldnt have an engine IMO....there are about 5 things that make no sense with the graphs

1) the MPH dont match up with anything, the closest thin i can see is they did a 3rd gear pull
2) 4th gear is what the dyno should be done in, not 3rd
3) the numbers are no where close to correct
4) The a/f doesnt swing like that and there is no way the engine can withstand that lean of a ratio either
5) The cars only weigh about 3500, not 3700

I am sure they are some other things but you get the point....nothing here is believable....hell i would look at the numbers and say they from a mildly modded mustang.....are you sure there is a saleen SC under the hood and not just the saleen plenum cover
Old 11-04-2007, 07:04 AM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

+1 like the guys above said on taking it to someone that knows that they are doing.

I would say in the meantime call Brent and get a mail order tune *but* you may have installation issues that a normally safe tune tune may exacerbate (fatally). You should call Brent anyway and talk to him or Dave.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:15 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: casperorr

Thereare the copies of my readouts in my photo gallery. Take a look and tell me what you think.
Thank you,
Casper
Make sure your bypass valve is operating correctly. Have someone stab( I mean hit it quick and let go) the gas at idle and you should see the valve close quickly. It's possible your valve isn't operating and you aren't making any boost.

They car doesn't throw a check engine light?
Old 11-04-2007, 09:25 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

Hey Casper,

I just read where your from, I used to live in Chandler ( I actually still have some properties out there). Call ADS in Chandler and ask for Doug make an appointment ASAP, they tuned my car and it took about 3 hours of Dyno tuning (480) 961-8704. Good luck!!
Old 11-04-2007, 09:30 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Maximum Power before the Blower install = 206?? WTF......
Old 11-04-2007, 02:23 PM
casperorr
2nd Gear Member

In regards to the question of why did I wait until now to ask for help,,,, Like I said, I know nothing about the supercharger area. I had a reputable shop, which was recommended bythe Saleen dealer that I purchased my SC from, install the SC.
And approximatelytwo weeks later we had a club meeting and I was showing my results to the guys in the club and that is when this all came about. I have been driving it for about 2 to 3 weeks now.
I did get with Brent at Brenspeed and he sent me his SC tune and it runs excellent, but it seems like it should have allot more power than it is putting out. Not allot of difference from when I ran the CAI and tune. No one so far that has seen the results of the Dynamometer can make sense or under stand what the hell is going on.
But, I want to thank you all for your help and direction. It does really pay to have this forum to help those of us that are rookies.

Thank you,
Casper
Old 11-04-2007, 02:40 PM
bcstang
2nd Gear Member

i think he has the "making things up for attention" light coming up on his dash

Quick Reply: SuperCharger Questions