Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

long story

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: long story

Wow, sounds like you all have problems with youre dealership. Most places are big and dont care about customers. They look at it like there will be another customer comming in tmrw spending money, what do i need you for?
Old 03-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Mustang Novice
1st Gear Member

I would tell them that they should have documented a ripped seat before they got in it. But they didn't document one because it wasn't there because they caused it. Talk to the service manager. If he doesn't help you, talk to the general manager, if he doesn't help you, talk to the owner. Calmly and matter of factly telling them that the rip was not there when you brought it in; they caused it, and they're going to fix it. Tell them the blue jean rivet story is BS. If the seats are that cheap, no one would ever buy a Ford. Some mechanic sat in your seat with something sharp like a screwdriver or knife. Yelling will not help, but do not take "no" for an answer. Tell them that if they don't fix it, you will be writing Ford Motor Co. If no one helps you, write Ford. Document everything that was said. Letters work because they figure if you have taken the time to write a letter, you're probably serious.
If none of that works, I would post on every Ford, Mustang, etc. message board the name of the dealership that did this to you and what happened, and I would sent a copy of each link to the dealership's managers - all of them. Of course, I would take it so far as to have it in the classified ads and send them a copy every day it ran, but that's just me.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:56 PM
cheysdaddy
1st Gear Member

calling the customer service hotline doesn't help (atleast it didn't for me) they are a sub-contractor for Ford and just take the info and pass it to Ford. I specifically asked that someone from Ford call me or email me about my problem and so far no one has and the customer service rep said he wouldn't count on it either. It's been like 3 weeks since I called
Old 03-03-2005, 12:11 AM
MTXpro752

I love my digital camera, take pictures of every major area of my car before any service, i actually started doing it at the local carwash cause those little bastards ripped off the rear wiper from my tahoe and said "it was like that when you gave it to us" [:@] Just take pictures of seats, body panels etc, take about 60 seconds in the driveway before you head out. Better to over protect yourself then try to figure out how to fix it after the fact.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:22 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

Update:

I had called the service manager yesterday but couldn't get through, "he was in a meeting"
so I left a message for him to call, he didn't. Called the GM office, "he was also in a meeting" but his secretarty took a lengthly note on my issue.
Service manger calls, says he is waiting on calls from the vendor that replaced my radio... I said fine, then let me know so I don't start thinking you blew me off...
He says he will call back tomorrow (today) I said fine, what time he said before noon.
today, he calls at 11:55 and says he wants their interior guy to look at it to see if he can repair it, I said its a new car, not sure I want a patch job, he said if i'm not satified they will replace seat leather... I said fine. I take it in for them to look over, their guy says he can't patch it because it is on a seam, and he will have to replace two panels, I told the service manager it was his call.
Service manager says again if I'm not satisfied, They will replace seat back leather.

Not sure, but I think the call to the GM lit a fire under the service manager's butt. He might have done this anyways, but that isn't the feeling I was getting at the time.
I still feel like they think I'm trying to pull a fast one on them and don't appreciate the inuendo...
But, they are trying to satify me and for that I am grateful
Kudos to Berge Ford so far!
Marty
Old 03-04-2005, 12:44 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Glad I read this thread. When I take my 05 in for a new gas tank, I am going to insist on a walk around, sort of like when you rent a car, and get them to agree it is sweet.

Of course, I will look it over on the pick-up. And yepper, I am writing the milage on the forms too, at drop off.

Thanks for the heads up !!!
Old 03-24-2005, 01:29 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

Update:

They had me take the car to a local place that ordered the interior leather, he replaced the two panels in the seat. It fits a little baggy, but the guy said it will tighten up with heat... true?

ALSO, for all that are getting their radio replaced, before you leave, check your ac fan function, the radio guy had unplugged it when he replaced my radio, the other day when I turned on my A/C it wouldnt work, so this was taken in and fixed by dealer.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:17 AM
GOPONYGO

Can you advise me as to which specific panels of the seating is made of real leather??? I have a 05GT dark charcoal leather interior. I have been told by my dealership that some panels of the seat are Vinyl/leatherete and some panels are real leather. They are not sure but think the leather panels are only the seat and the back rest..... I wrote into FORD customer service 2 weeks ago and still have no reply on this questions. You would think they could answer this one.... So much for customer service!

Any comments would be appreciated

[&:]
Old 03-25-2005, 12:23 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

The two panels I had replaced were both leather. those being the side and the top side of the back of the seat.
I can't speak to the other panels, as I was not in the back of the shop when the work was done.
Marty
Old 03-25-2005, 08:05 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

Stuff like this actually happens a lot. I saw it all the time when I worked for Lincoln-Mercury (and No, I didn't ever do this myself but came close a few times when you just forget you have something in your pocket)..

Usually the service managers are pretty quick to help, especially if it is evident that it was done by a technician.. However if you really just get a manager that refuses to assist and you are damn sure that a technician caused it, call Ford and ask how you can contact the Ford rep that covers that specific dealer and work directly with them.

Dealerships get a certain amount of money called "goodwill" that Ford will cover just like warranty. It is used for things that really shouldn't or can't be covered by warranty but the dealer wants to keep the customer happy/quiet.. dealers just don't give this out, so you will have to mention it to them specifically.

Its worth a shot

Quick Reply: long story