Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

long story

Old 03-02-2005, 04:16 AM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

Default long story

A few weeks back, I took my mustang in because my shaker 1000 skipped with cds... they replaced it.
a few days later I noticed what looked like little cuts in the driers seat, where your butt rubs when you get in ... I took it back and asked what could be causing this, and they said that it was me, That the blue jeans I wear have a rivet in them and was responsible for cutting the leather. I took out my leather wallet (20 years old) and rubbed all over the rivet with no visible snags to the leather. granted its different leather, but if anything, its alot cheaper... but they said no dice, I caused it.
I took the car home and proceeded to use black shoe polish to blend in the snags to the color of the seat... it actually worked very well, and you couldnt really see the cuts unless you knew they were there. I also learned to place my hand on the rivet EVERY TIME I got in my car.

Today, I returned my car to have the radio replaced, again, due to skips. do you all know what I found? A FRESH SLICE in my seat!!![:@] I know I didn't do it, as I check it daily because I am now so damn parinoid about it! you can tell the old ones because of the shoe polish is still black, but this one is brand new!!!

I complained big time, but they think I am trying to pull a fast one, I now think that it is a lot boy or mechanic or whatever with something in his pocket doing this, but have no proof.

What would you all do?

Marty
Old 03-02-2005, 04:24 AM
AlecD

Default RE: long story

those BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:@]
Old 03-02-2005, 04:40 AM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

Just go in there with a gun. Easiest way to get stuff done.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:51 AM
TheAntiRice
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that, the Ford dealership in Greeley drilled a hole in my oil cooler once and then tried to charge me $700 for a new one because you can't just buy the piece they drilled the hole in because it doesn't match up. Those kinda things **** me off.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:56 AM
Jtiblier

This might sound Gay as hell but you might want to write a letter to the BBB and the dealership hell CC Ford so they will have it on file.
I don't think ford cares.. but the BBB might
Old 03-02-2005, 09:12 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

i hope you've been writing down your mileage on that stang each time you took it in too.

i had a similar problem with my car when i kept taking it in. i have an 04 and when i bought it, it had a huge gash in the front bumper. they knew about it and signed something saying they'd fix it. i took it in, they fixed it, but gave me the car back with 2 huge scratches going from the hood scoop down to the end of the hood. i told them and they were like "we didn't do that" and i was like "ummm.. well i brought it in for scratches on a bumper, now i have them on the hood." they finally agreed to fix it THIS time. i brought it in for that next, got it back, they didn't even touch it. this time when i got it back, it had 2 little dings in the rear bumper now, like right where a car was parked too close and the license plate was stuck into it. they told me it was already there. wasn't having that. the service dept at this dealership treats you like dirt too. the lady was talking to her manager on the phone like i wasn't there.. insulting me and this and that. i'm never going there for ANY type of work for my car. the place is only 6 miles from me, i'd rather drive 26 miles to another dealership now.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

That really stinks. Have you called Ford customer service yourself ?? Go the the Ford web site, and try to find a phone number. They used to have regional Rep.s that would intervene for the consumer.

Good Luck !!
Old 03-02-2005, 10:16 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

hahahaha! that crap doesn't work. they call you to follow up with your experience. tell them how it was and they don't care. the commercials always tell you they're the best, they have so many repeat buyers, tell you their experiences. they don't mention the bad ones. it's like they don't exist.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:47 PM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

So far I have nothing but good things to say about my dealership, hope they don't try to pull any of that crap on me in the future.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:57 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

That is really gay, i never take my car to dealerships when there is a problem. Thanks for letting me know how crappy tedbritt is, now i know never to go there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: long story