Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 reasons why i would not buy a 2005

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 04:28 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

Default 10 reasons why i would not buy a 2005

I don't get it.

10. Never pay msrp for a car.

9. Wheels look like garbage, don't fit the car.

8. Car does not look aerodynamically sound.

7. No innovation, besides 300 HP...but Chevy did that 7 years ago.

6. Doesn't have a mean look to it.

5. WTF do you need a $1200 sound system in your mustang for?

4. 2004 will cost you 6,000 to 7,000 less.

3. Owning a 2005 does not make you a cooler person.

2. First year of the model, bound to be problems (stereo, leather, etc.)

1. Refer to #3. Owning the "new mustang" does not make you a bad as*. It makes you look like a poser that overpaid for your car.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:32 AM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: 10 reasons why i would not buy a 2005

Aerodynamic = gay.

I think the 05 is awesome for a first year model. Compare a 94 to an 04 mustang, big diff, cant wait to see what they do with this one.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:32 AM
TheAntiRice
2nd Gear Member

To each his own...................GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have an opinion state it in a way that makes you look like less of a troll.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:34 AM
Mustangdude75

well if you don't like the 05 so be it , but there is alot of people here that do like it. Everybody has there own opinion. Personally i love my 05 GT.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:56 AM
AlecD

I like the fact that you spoke your own opinion, but everybodies taste isn't the same as yours.

my answers to your top ten list (my opinion),

10 - this will be my first car paying MSRP for, and I can afford it so why not.

9 - you like the wheels or you don't (there are always aftermarket ones to buy).

8 - it was made to look retro and that is why it doesn't look aerodynamic.

7 - atleast it finaly caught up.

6 - if it doesn't look mean people will underrate it's power and will wanna race. (being funny)

5 - I would never buy the Shaker 1000 cause your right i could put a better system in for $1200.

4 - if i wanted an '04 I'd buy an '04 but i want an '05.

3 - I would never think I'm better than anybody else.

2 - name one car/truck that didn't have a problem on the first year of a new build.

1 - apparently you couldn't think of a 10th thing to add so you added #3 again and like i said we aren't "GOD."

like i said earlier i respect your opinion so hopefully you respect mine. If you own a Mustang I respect you even more.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:30 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

Thans for the not so salty reply AlecD. I'm not trying to question the owners integrity...just showing an opinion.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Sportster

They haven't built a good looking Mustang from 1973 until this year of course. The handling alone makes the 2005 twice the car of previous models. It's a $40,000.00 car for $25,000.00. The 2004s sell for less because they can't sell them. That will be the case with used ones too. The 2005 is a better investment.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:07 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

when they hype dies down, the 2005 mustangs won't be selling much anymore either. everybody wants it now cause it's the latest and greatest. i liked Alec's response " 4 - if i wanted an '04 I'd buy an '04 but i want an '05. ". more power to ya! people say that i'm jealous and have envy cause i have an 04 and not an 05. if i wanted an 05, i would have ordered it then and there. i like the 04 body style and the car in general, so i got an 04. somehow that makes me jealous to some 05 owners though because i didn't want the 05. i just don't get it.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:13 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mikev08826

I don't get it.

10. Never pay msrp for a car.

9. Wheels look like garbage, don't fit the car.

8. Car does not look aerodynamically sound.

7. No innovation, besides 300 HP...but Chevy did that 7 years ago.

6. Doesn't have a mean look to it.

5. WTF do you need a $1200 sound system in your mustang for?

4. 2004 will cost you 6,000 to 7,000 less.

3. Owning a 2005 does not make you a cooler person.

2. First year of the model, bound to be problems (stereo, leather, etc.)

1. Refer to #3. Owning the "new mustang" does not make you a bad as*. It makes you look like a poser that overpaid for your car.
You are right , "I don't get it." But for me its a different Get it.

I agree, from my point of view, with most items noted above. Thats just my opinion however, and as well all know, everybodies got one of those.
The thing is, I did buy an 05 GT, and am very happy with it.
1. X-Plan, $1900.00 below MSRP, only waited 1 day for delivery, it was on the truck when I bought it as a dealer lot car, not yet delivered.
2. It has the Bullet wheels, seem to fit the retro style, but could always be replaced with aftermarket, almost everyone changes wheels these days.
3. Don't know about wind tunnel testing, but I am getting over 20mpg highway, and thrilled with taht, truck was doing 15mpg
plus, she gets to 100 mph, good enough for me.
4.Not sure about the mean look, I have bought over 13 new vehicles, and NEVER have I had so many interested people in any car like this one. Granted they may not be current Mustang owners, but many are.
5. As for pricing, sure an 04 is less money, its a year older. With my discount, its just lower by factory rebate $$, and when I resale in 2 years, always do, the 05 will bring higher money. Its just the way it works. Because of this, I would have bought an 05 GT over an 04 GT, even without a body style change (Almost did the 04 Cobra last year), but didn't want to loose my truck then.
6. I didn't opt for the $1200.00 sound system, because...well... I don't need it, not at that price!!

All the rest of it:
Please don't missinterput excitement over buying a new car, regardless of model, with coolness. I know I ain't all that, and that it is just a car. I realize that there are several factory new 05's that will be faster, WRX special, Corvette, Caddy CTS-V. But most are smaller, or twice the money. Who isn't excited about a new car purchase?? If people didn't get that way, we would all drive the same car for 10 years, and a lot fewer people would be employeed makin em. As a matter of fact, not really going to happen, if everyone took the approach to wait for the econd year of a new platform to buy, no first year would sell, and there wouldn't be a second year of production. That part is simply a choice, I chose the car with that in mind, you won't see me posting ....whining about warranty work on my 05.

On a final note, while I have seen several posts on this site talking up an owners car, as the badest, fastest, you better stay away from me ride. I haven't seen an 05 GT post read this way. They have all been intrusive other brands, who apparently can't get any attention in their own forums. Or, pre-05, often 5-10 year old modded Mustangs that are presented as faster than a top fuel car (maybe some are, good for them).
So many of us 05 owners, also admire and lust over older Mustangs, and even other brands (don't think I won't trade for a cherry 04 Z06). I think those who post negatives against us, are just hurting the car community.

Old 03-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

I'm with you.

ORIGINAL: nanaki

when they hype dies down, the 2005 mustangs won't be selling much anymore either. everybody wants it now cause it's the latest and greatest. i liked Alec's response " 4 - if i wanted an '04 I'd buy an '04 but i want an '05. ". more power to ya! people say that i'm jealous and have envy cause i have an 04 and not an 05. if i wanted an 05, i would have ordered it then and there. i like the 04 body style and the car in general, so i got an 04. somehow that makes me jealous to some 05 owners though because i didn't want the 05. i just don't get it.
Buy what you want. You're the one putting out the cash. Like I have said several times on this forum, If I could have found an local new 04 Cobra, h3ll yes that would be my new car. But, it didn't happen that way, and so I bought an 05 GT $1900.00 below MSRP.

It makes me happy to be a part of the sporty car community, even when others knock it, or generalize about me having issues as an owner. Sure, I have issues. But I save most of those for work!! lol The Mustang is about fun, preformance, and new friendships for me. Not about arguing whos better, that sounds to much like bench racing to me, and that isn't the thrill I seek.

[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Quick Reply: 10 reasons why i would not buy a 2005