Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension? Which is best

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 01:38 AM
StangAddiction

Default Suspension? Which is best

I read on one Mustang website that the H&R Springs were preferred. Most others prefer the Eibach. I had Eibach on my last car and loved them. Whatsthe best setup on the Mustangs? H&R looks like they have alot of choices that make it confusing. Also, does the camber plates need replaced after the new suspension?

Thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 01:57 AM
dseid2
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Suspension? Which is best

I went with the Ebich Pro Kit on my Stang and had H&R on my BMW. They are both good. The only thing I would say is don't go crazy low. My BMW was lower than my Mustang and I had to be careful everytime I parkedmy BMWnot to scrap the front facia.It gets expensive after a while.I have not bottomed out the Stang or scraped the front facia yet withtthe Pro Kit. I did not need the camber plates with the Pro Kit, tires are wearing perfectly.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:05 AM
StangAddiction

ORIGINAL: dseid2

I went with the Ebich Pro Kit on my Stang and had H&R on my BMW. They are both good. The only thing I would say is don't go crazy low. My BMW was lower than my Mustang and I had to be careful everytime I parkedmy BMWnot to scrap the front facia.It gets expensive after a while.I have not bottomed out the Stang or scraped the front facia yet withtthe Pro Kit. I did not need the camber plates with the Pro Kit, tires are wearing perfectly.

Thanks for the reply. Does the Eibach drop it to where the fenders are just above the tires? I don't want them to "tuck" up in the fenders.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Dutcherman
1st Gear Member

I installed the TEIN 2" drop coils on mine and have no complaints. They work really nice with my 20's which are the same rolling diameter as stock. The pic below is before the 20's to give you an idea of the look with stock 18's. The one thing I do suggest is to get some caster/camber plates soon as there is no camber adjustment avialable with the stock struts unless you open up the bolt holes at the knuckle. Opening up the holes is cheaper but I really feel that the plates are a better investment. See Maximum Motorsports. You may have to endure the sound of the factory upper strut mounts 'popping' when turning if you drop it before getting the plates. Hope this helps.

[IMG]local://upfiles/83073/37EF5681934E4BD09CC05692E279894F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-06-2007, 07:47 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

People will nearly always recommend the springs or handling pack they currently use, it's human nature.
I do think it's wrong to fixate on one manufacturer being head and shoulders above the rest. Issues like ride height and spring rates aren't down to the company, they are down to the selected spring, which is more down to the customer mis-spec'ing for the car. All of the big name suspension guys make kickass stuff, you just need to select the right setup for your car.
I will say though that just buying springs alone is often less than half the story. You need to match springs with shocks and also geometry, especially when you lower the ride.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:37 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Well, the H&Rs for our cars are stiffer then the Pro kit, if that helps at all.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:15 AM
StangAddiction

Thanks guys for all your input, this does help in my decision making. I know y'all have read and answered these suspension, exhaust, and rims threads a thousand times. Like most have done, I searched and read threads that give me good information, just not the exact answer unless a new thread opens to ask. Thanks again guys for enduring another routine thread. [sm=smiley20.gif]