MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Lowered my mustang a bit too much (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/367717-lowered-my-mustang-a-bit-too-much.html)

silvel2edge 11-07-2007 11:22 PM

Lowered my mustang a bit too much

Hi guys,

I recently had a bunch of work done to my 2007 mustang including a bunch of suspension upgrades. I bought some BMR lowering springs, but I'm finding it's lowered the car too much. I recently had to replace one of my cats, since it got really dented from hitting a bump too hard. I also notice there are several speed bumps I have to go over and no matter how careful I am, I am scraping very badly and it doesn't sound good at all.

Basically I want to raise my Mustang again. Are there any springs you guys would recommend that I could raise my car back up, that are still good springs performance-wise? I don't mind if i'm going to give up being able to turn quite as sharply, but wouldn't mind some stiff springs that wont lower my car. I was looking on some websites and all I can find are springs that appear to lower your car so i'm not sure what I should do.

Also, I no longer have my factory springs, so I wont be able to put those back in so any ideas or models of springs you'd recommend would be great. Also, is there anything else i'll need besides the springs to raise my 'stang? I already have Tokico D-specs installed.

blackout 11-07-2007 11:27 PM

RE: Lowered my mustang a bit too much

I have Eibach Pro-Kit and haven't had one clearance problem, except scraping an exhaust hanger on my driveway because it is so steep.

I could definately do some damage by going 10 mph over a speedbump, but cruising at about 2-3 mph is fine for me...

-Jeff

silvel2edge 11-07-2007 11:35 PM

Also, if this matters. I have BMR adjustable upper and lower control arms. I'm not sure if these can be adjusted to affect the ride height as well?

bcstang 11-07-2007 11:39 PM

so you want springs that are better performance than stock, but keep the factory ride height right? man, if you can find some of those i would love to have a set aswell. ill have to keep an eye on this thread!:)

blackout 11-07-2007 11:44 PM

The only thing that will adjust your ride "height" would be coilovers which you do not have. Your control arms play no factor in your "ride height".

-Jeff

lrgnation 11-08-2007 12:41 AM

What kind of bump do you hit that damaged your cat?

please let me know... There are always ways to avoid speed bumps.

Orion_240 11-08-2007 01:14 AM

Not in L.A.!
They put them on every street, avenue, road, etc.
Most are these ones that are just humps, with like a 15mph limit. Try slowing down to under 5mph and you'll get rear ended for sure!
Anyone have experience with a lowered suspension and those humps?

loots06 11-08-2007 01:37 AM

eibach pro-kit....problem solved.

Sleeper05 11-08-2007 01:42 AM

I've got the most aggressive drop on the market, and have had none of the problems you mentioned.

fairlane292 11-08-2007 01:54 AM

ORIGINAL: loots06

eibach pro-kit....problem solved.
Got any pics? Issue is likely front too low. If so, I do have a pair of Eibach Pro Kit fronts (NewInBox) I would sell cheap.