Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Careful what you wish for :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 06:49 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Default Careful what you wish for :)

Okay, okay so perhaps this isn't a complete 2005+ section topic, but it does involve 2005+ discussion.
I've beendating this amazing lady, and, she's a Mustang fanatic(owned a '65 289 coupe back in the early 90s) and is a Ford fan through & through as she currently owns a 2006 F-150 4X4 Super-crew that makes my GT look like a basic mode of transportation as it has nav, moon-roof, two-tone leather, heated mirrors, etc, etc. Now, I'm not complaining, actually I can't believe my dumb luck in finding such a gem. Here's the kicker, she wants a Shelby GT-H, I'm trying to convince her a Shelby GT(since it wouldn't be used) would be a better choice, although I'd trade my GT for her truck and let her get her Shelby(she likes my car, but is totally in love with the Shelby GT) since I'm pretty sure we're gonna get serious and all that jazz. What to do? I realize that until we're "together" for the long haul, that doing anything like exchanging vehicles is strictly a no-no, but two Mustangs and no truck? Maybe a trial basis, in that, she uses my GT and, I, her truck and then make the next move? I've never been involved with anyone that has shown such enthusiasm for a Mustang(I'm still pinching myself), although a GT500 looks great too as the prices have dropped dramatically here in So Cal(MSRP for 2007 models at several dealerships). I guess I should have beencareful for what I wished for, then again, having it come to fruition feels pretty awesome.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:08 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Default RE: Careful what you wish for :)

Tough for us to help you, since it's such a personal issue.

If you must insist, I'd say take her to Ford and have her test drive the GT500.That should do it.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:11 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

ive never been amazed by a truck, unless your offroadingor haulin crap trucks are a waist of money. buy a black cs and add that v6 hood, downgrade the wheels and finish with a billet grill and gold stripes.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:12 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

you're a lucky man! The shelby gt-h would be a good investment over time, but I must say, this is up to the two of you...
Old 11-09-2007, 07:28 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

love the shelby gt-h's
Old 11-09-2007, 07:58 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

I saw a Shelby GT-H on the I-15 freeway yesterday...looked amazing. Where can you get that hood?
Sorry...why you need a truck so bad?
Old 11-10-2007, 07:02 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Not so much as I need a truck, as much as if she and I end up together(which seems pretty evident thus far), I'd prefer a truck and Mustang as opposed to two Mustangs(we could always switch off vehicles and it we be "our" F-150 & Mustang). Although it seems that the only Shelby GTs for '08 are the Vista Blue & Grabber Orange, so Sunday we're going to look at a new '07 white Shelby GT at the same dealership I bought my GT at. It's an automatic[:@], which she's not too keen on(yes, I found a winner!), but if we can get it for $33-35K(it's listed at $39K+), we might be persuaded. Although there's a black Shelby GT at a dealership not too far from where we're first going, so we will go where she'll be most happy. Although I think she wants the Shelby badly and sellingthe truck(which is paid off) makes more sense for her situation, so I told her that she's gonna upstage me at future meets and gatherings(lol), which is gonna be perfectly sweet IMO.
BTW I had stated in a prior post that my silver stripes began to develop spots on the roof & decklid stripes and that I'd talk to Rob at BSM for a solution. I received, no questions asked, a complete set of silver stripes for my GT at NO COST. BSM is a stand-up company and it's all due to Rob's efforts and integrity, I whole heartingly encourage anyone considering vinyl stripes to order from BSM, you will be surprised by their customer service, technical support and rapid delivery(I got my stripes in two days and I live 3000 miles from BSM).
Old 11-10-2007, 07:10 PM
slvrstang2007
2nd Gear Member

Thats nice of them to give you new stripes you gonna put them on yourself?
Old 11-10-2007, 07:27 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: slvrstang2007

Thats nice of them to give you new stripes you gonna put them on yourself?
Definitely, I re-did the front bumper(twice) and the flat surfaces(roof & deck-lid) are simple by comparison, although I have to wait for warmer weather(at least a mid 70s day) to apply them(makes the job easier).
Old 11-10-2007, 08:33 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

I know a few two Mustang families. What's wrong with that?

Quick Reply: Careful what you wish for :)