Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will i ever get an eta on my 05?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 10:25 PM
lexigirl

Default RE: will i ever get an eta on my 05?

Don't know if this helps, but when I was thinking about ordering, several dealers explained that every dealer is alloted so many stangs per month, based on how many they sell. Hence, the bigger dealers who sell more should get more allotment. As it was explained to me (after I pushed quite a bit--I got the impression they would rather not share this info with prospective customers cause the truth might cause them to not order) they have a monthly allotment, and orders essentially 'take away' from the cars they actually receive on the lot. Also, I was told that delivery time is contingent upon where you fall in their order chain, i.e. if they are allotted, say, 1 stang per month, and they have eight cars aleady on order, you would fall into the #9 slot, and you'd see your car in (gulp) 9 months. Don't freak. Most dealers have way more than 1 per month; I was just using that number cause the math's easier that way. I was told this by three separate dealers. Plus, they want some of their allotment to go to cars they can put on their lot, so they might not want to tie up all their allotment with orders, thereby pushing order delivery even further out. Make sense?

Again, I don't think they are always very upfront about his whole process because it essentially sucks for those who order, especially if their allotment is already tied up or they don't have any cars on the lot. I think they tell buyers what they think they want to hear. But there is definitely some kind of allotment process, and it definitely affects delivery times on orders. If you've been waiting a long time, you might want to ask some very pointed questions about allotment.

I'll add that I live in Oregon. Maybe it works differently in different parts of the country. But I don't think so.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:24 AM
Lubricant
1st Gear Member

Uhh Able ford on Long island says 12 weeks..
Diblasi ford in Crona queens says about 1-2 months at most... With no IUP can get it in 2 weeks...
Check all the dealers, get a better time and get your deposit back and go get the car somewhere else..
If you cant get the deposit back, tell the other dealer to take care of it..
Old 03-04-2005, 01:25 AM
Lubricant
1st Gear Member

By the way, the ford dealer that sells all the NYC cabs should be able to get these Gt's FAST.... No doubt one of the biggest ford dealers in the country..
I cant remember the name, but I see the sign..... Diblasi does some, but theres a big one in long island city..
Old 03-04-2005, 01:30 AM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

I just went to ford's website and found who had a GT that I liked sitting on their lot.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:49 AM
JC74
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I was told by one dealership in OKC that it would be a least 20 weeks. I just laughed. The dealership I ordered from said roughly 8-9 weeks average.

I think they were trying to convince me to buy the v6 model to get it off their lot. Man, it makes it hard not to stereotype dealerships when most are operated by scumbags.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shifty

I just went to ford's website and found who had a GT that I liked sitting on their lot.

That's how I found mine , two days before it got there. The tough part here is also finding a dealer that will deal.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:16 PM
jay

i am pissed! i didnt order w/ iup just deluxe w/ rim and theft and shk500, i was given a order# w/ the dealer # and thats what i used when i called cust service, it is in there databank but w/ no schedule date. this really sucks.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:19 PM
Lubricant
1st Gear Member

La Fres ford can get them fast.... Queens, NY
Old 03-04-2005, 12:21 PM
StangMan2005

I ordered in November. They keep claiming I am at the top of the list for the last three weeks. They just told me that they chose a new convertible instead of my mustang. Bull ****! Dealerships suck. They tried to get me to remove the IUP about a month ago, and I said no way, that is what I ordered that is what I want. How can I change dealerships now, if I am supposedly #1 on the list. Another dealer in Tampa quoted me 6-8 weeks, but they all get pulled from the same area, can't see how that will work out. Well, it is taking a ridiculous amount of time to get this car, it better be worth the wait, I am hoping that they will still give me the X-plan.. but I am doubting it.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangMan2005

I ordered in November. They keep claiming I am at the top of the list for the last three weeks. They just told me that they chose a new convertible instead of my mustang. Bull ****! Dealerships suck. They tried to get me to remove the IUP about a month ago, and I said no way, that is what I ordered that is what I want. How can I change dealerships now, if I am supposedly #1 on the list. Another dealer in Tampa quoted me 6-8 weeks, but they all get pulled from the same area, can't see how that will work out. Well, it is taking a ridiculous amount of time to get this car, it better be worth the wait, I am hoping that they will still give me the X-plan.. but I am doubting it.
That's just it. Since I ordered in November, I have no idea in what stage my car is in. Therefore, I ask myself, is it worth it to go to another dealer (it's one hell of a chance to take) Besides, My dealer was sure ithe car would be in two months afer ordering. I agree with all you guys, the dealer will tell you what you want to hear in order to sell the car. Some dealer may be good but I'm preety sure most of them are a bunch of ******** who don't give a **** about your needs. For them it's all about the sale.

Quick Reply: will i ever get an eta on my 05?