Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will i ever get an eta on my 05?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Mustang Novice
1st Gear Member

Default RE: will i ever get an eta on my 05?

My father-in-law (who I get along with very well and respect) will tell you that most car salesmen fit the stereotype. However, the better dealerships will treat you right because they understand repeat business. Whenever I buy a car from him, he assigns my sale to one of his salesmen. I've been assigned to the same one for 5 years (lucky guy just has to do the paperwork). That's a long life for a car salesman especially under my FIL. Talk about a hatchet man, he fired his other son-in-law that lives next door to him (they get along, it was purely business).
My reason for telling you all this, is to say that you should try to find the salesmen that have been around the longest. The ones that stay around, do so by working harder. They build a customer base, and they try to keep you happy. They want you to buy cars from them every 2 years. Selling cars is the only way they keep their jobs and they start over each month. They won't allow their customers to get screwed by another salesman's sale. I would say I'm a little shocked by some of your stories, but I'm not. I just would bet that the bad experiences are coming from rookie salesmen and rookie sales managers, especially with a car this hot.
I'm not sure if a "Blue Oval" dealership is still as important as it was, but I know my FIL worked very hard to get that at their dealership a few years ago. I remember it had a lot to do with Customer Satisfaction. A Tallahassee dealership paid him to help them become a "Blue Oval" dealership too. So you may want to look for that too.
StangMan2005, he's in Gainesville, but he told me 9 weeks last week, so I don't think you would get it any faster, and I've checked their site many times and have yet to see a GT available. No way would I wait 4 months. I bet they sold yours out from under you. Enough money still talks. I would ask for some kind of compensation, like free oil changes for as long as you own the car, or free window tinting or something like that. It wouldn't hurt to ask.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:24 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

all the good salesmen are usually promoted to management if they've been around awhile and are good. man i bought my car from wouldn't even let me test drive on like the one i wanted. just because the color was different. he told me "NO! you tell me the one you WANT. you aren't driving one like it because it's right up front. that's the kind of salesmen i like. got me a good deal on it. he asked if i wanted to pre-order the 05 and just told him no. he didn't pound on me trying to get me to do it like most would. even when i had to take the car back a few times cause their service dept sux my hole, he kept in touch to make sure things were getting done. apparently now though, he got promoted to some management position at another one of their dealerships. great guy! sh!tty dealership...
Old 03-04-2005, 10:38 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

JAY look for the mustangs in your area and buy them off the lot

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/ford_...G2AG56fNLwd78F