Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

probably going to be a flame fest.. buttttt <<<BULBS ARE IN !!!>>> LOOK AT FIRST POST

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 09:46 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

Default probably going to be a flame fest.. buttttt <<<BULBS ARE IN !!!>>> LOOK AT FIRST POST

UPDATE:

ok so i went up to my store (advance auto parts) and checked to see if we had any red LED bulbs that fit in that socket, and we did not.. BUT we did have a regular bulb that had a red film, and also a blue for those that want blue..

so i bought them to try em out.. the bulbs for the pack of 2 was only like 2 bucks, if that.. which is a hell of alot better than that $20 they wanted on ebay..

so i installed them, but its sill day light, so its hard to tell what its going to look like.. but i think it may look pretty cool.. but i also seems like the migh tbe a shade lighter, or more orange than the mycolor and gauges.. but we'll see at night.. ill take some picks tonight and get em up.

and the install was a sinch.. seriously.. my sister could have installed them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origional Post

as i was surfing through flea-bay, i saw these "super sweeet" blue led bulbs for the map lighiting.. well we all know thats rediculous, and wouldnt think twice about putting those in..

BUTT..

then i got the idea.. allright.. to start, i have my, mycolor set to red, my pillar guages are red, and the rest of the car has red accents all over it.. (red calipers, red under the hood, fittings, and now maybe a red strut brace.) but anyways.. ....

get ready to flame.. ............. what if i put red leds in the map lights.. i think it would actually be kina tihgt.. when i think about it.. it reminds me of like a fighter jet, or cockpit, or something.. and its not like they run constantly, so im not driving with them on, only when i get in or whatever..

now, the downside possibly, i am going to give up having a maplight, bc we all know that the red isnt gunna be worth sh*t as far as brightness or using it to see anything at night for that matter.. butttt honestly, if i ever need that light, its because i dropped something inbetween the seats, on the floor, or in back...

so flame on, tell me what you think..
Old 11-11-2007, 09:47 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

Default RE: probably going to be a flame fest.. buttttt

go for it. post pics at nite. you're right though, your maplight will be useless
Old 11-11-2007, 09:48 PM
sa3geabx
2nd Gear Member

I say give it a shot. If you don't like it, you can set it back to default. Won't hurt trying.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

I actually like the idea.
Go for it.
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

i dont care.

dont die
06elnr
5th Gear Member

I have no problem with leds! I think it will look good
Old 11-11-2007, 09:50 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Nothing wrong with a lil subtle mood lighting
Old 11-11-2007, 09:53 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

lol ohnoesaz.. i dunno man.. its a risky mod.. dangerous for sure..

but im actually suprised with how much of the feedback so far is positive..and the thing is like you said, its not permanant, and its not liek it costs more than a tip from work..

and since i do work at advance auto parts, i could put it in, and if i dont like it.. i could just return it.. no problems..

i will be doing this.. and i will post pics for sure.. i think it will be a new mod that some ppl do.. watch..
Old 11-11-2007, 09:55 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

No flaming here, go for it!
Old 11-11-2007, 09:58 PM
underbird10
3rd Gear Member

I put blues in my maplights to match my gauges and the blues I have under the hood. I think it looks excellent.

No pics though, sorry.

UB10

Quick Reply: probably going to be a flame fest.. buttttt <<<BULBS ARE IN !!!>>> LOOK AT FIRST POST