Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dam, got my first flat tonight.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 11:04 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Default Dam, got my first flat tonight.

Well tonight I finally got my first flat tire. Unfortunately for me I took my spare tire out last month (to save weight I guess). So with no spare I used 2 cans of fix a flat. They didn't work. So after working on the tire for about 2 hours, I finally got it repaired good enough to drive me home the remaining 20 miles. I used this tire rubber repair kit. Just used a tool to shove this goey stick stuff in thru the hole then twist it out and it plugs the hole. I was worried the stick was gonna just tear the nail hole bigger but luckily it worked. So I got home safely and now got my spare tire on the car. I think I will have to replace the rear tire since I drove on it for awhile when it was flat(yes I knew it was flat, had to find a gas station for air and fix a flat) but I scraped up the sidewalls pretty bad on both sides of the tire. Any of you guys know what the stock 17" pirellis cost? Thanks
Old 11-11-2007, 11:17 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Dam, got my first flat tonight.

Think the sell 4 for around $200+ on ebay or in here....but if you only need one that's going to be tricky, unless you buy from dealer. Not sure you can just buy one on flea-bay....but I may be wrong...
Old 11-11-2007, 11:33 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

$96

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...ZI&rf=true

Is the tire messed up that bad? The plug will most likely be good for the life of the tire, but if you messed up the sidewall really bad, it's probably best to get a new one.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Brenspeed has 4 for $299., best I've seen is 4 for $289. But when you buy one they're almost $100. Each
Old 11-12-2007, 12:48 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Also $96 at Tirerack.

Seems like there is a company that sells takeoff parts in MM&FF that had takeoffs for less but I cant think of the name.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:42 AM
FlaPony
3rd Gear Member

My P-Zeros are nail magnets. I've had 3 flats in the last year, that's more than I've had the previous 30 years[:@]
Old 11-12-2007, 07:07 AM
luvrbcs
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: luckydawg003

Well tonight I finally got my first flat tire. Unfortunately for me I took my spare tire out last month (to save weight I guess). So with no spare I used 2 cans of fix a flat. They didn't work. So after working on the tire for about 2 hours, I finally got it repaired good enough to drive me home the remaining 20 miles. I used this tire rubber repair kit. Just used a tool to shove this goey stick stuff in thru the hole then twist it out and it plugs the hole. I was worried the stick was gonna just tear the nail hole bigger but luckily it worked. So I got home safely and now got my spare tire on the car. I think I will have to replace the rear tire since I drove on it for awhile when it was flat(yes I knew it was flat, had to find a gas station for air and fix a flat) but I scraped up the sidewalls pretty bad on both sides of the tire. Any of you guys know what the stock 17" pirellis cost? Thanks
I think I read in the Owner's Manual (don't have it here) that if you have TPMS you shouldn't use Fix-A-Flat. I don't know why, though. You might want to check up on that.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:28 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

I think I read in the Owner's Manual (don't have it here) that if you have TPMS you shouldn't use Fix-A-Flat. I don't know why, though. You might want to check up on that.

Hmm. Well I didn't have a choice. I had no spare and had to try to plug the nail hole. I had a 20 mile drive home on the interstate. I will try to get the tire fixed tomorrow after work. If its bad enough I will have to buy a new tire.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:30 AM
luvrbcs
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: luckydawg003

Hmm. Well I didn't have a choice. I had no spare and had to try to plug the nail hole. I had a 20 mile drive home on the interstate. I will try to get the tire fixed tomorrow after work. If its bad enough I will have to buy a new tire.
I know. You gotta do what you gotta do, damn the consequences.

I do wonder why we can't use it, though. I never saw a tire sensor, I guess it plugs up some holes?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:32 AM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Yeah that sux. I got a flat when my car was new. I was lucky enough to make to work and have a tech plug it for me.

Quick Reply: Dam, got my first flat tonight.