Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashed Car, Insurance Policy, Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:45 AM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Crashed Car, Insurance Policy, Mustang

Ok, Yes why did you brake up?

Also the rental. DON'T pay. She will have too and if the accident is found to be the other guys fault, she can get the money back from the other ins. But she will have to pay up front. Its her car, and she is driving the rental. If there is no law suit, then the two ins companies will go to arbitration and fight it out amongst them selves. She does need to make sure her ins company knows what the bill is for the rental, so they can get that back from other ins company. If she wins, she should see the money in like 8 to 9 months, maybe. Same kind of think happened to me, took 9 months to get my $500 deductible back, but I did get it. Still have to pay up front.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:06 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: slySTANGguy

someone pulled right in front of me and i nailed them head on. It was 100% the other drivers fault.
He could have stated this more clearly ie"car pulled out in front of me resulting in a head on collision".
However I dont see where the rest ofyou are coming up with him hiiting the car in the back-end.
Even if he did, if the other driver admitted to a "failure to yield" that resulted in the accident he still would not be at primary fault.

Your girlfriends insurance company will collect reimbursement from the "at fault" parties insurance and will bill for her extra rental + deductable if she asks them to. She will however have to wait until her insurance company collectsfor that reimbursement though.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:39 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

nowadays, any time you are in an accident your rates will go up, whether you are at fault or not. unless you have allstate which has that accident forgiveness deal (or somethingequivalent with your ins co).

also, any time someone pulls in front of you it is their fault. you have the right of way. even if you were speeding it doesn't matter. unless the speed is so obvious AND they could prove it which is no easy task. even then they might say, "ok, our guy who pulled in front of you is 80% at fault and since we can prove you were speeding you are 20% at fault"...

it isn't always 100% yours or theirs, depending on the state of course.

but, like someone said, that IS what insurance is for. even if she continues to want you to pay, and threatens to sue you, then you just call your insurance company and let them represent you.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: timothyrw

nowadays, any time you are in an accident your rates will go up, whether you are at fault or not. unless you have allstate which has that accident forgiveness deal (or somethingequivalent with your ins co).
Uh, NO! There are what are called, chargeable and un chargeable, claims. If it is a chargeable claim, then yes your ins goes up, or can even be dropped. But if it is un chargeable then no increase. I have made about $4500 in un chargeable claims in the last three years, no increases. There was hitting a deer, and MANY rocks to the windshield and hood. I had 4 rocks to the windshield in the last 18 months. Again no increases.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: timothyrw

also, any time someone pulls in front of you it is their fault. you have the right of way. even if you were speeding it doesn't matter. unless the speed is so obvious AND they could prove it which is no easy task. even then they might say, "ok, our guy who pulled in front of you is 80% at fault and since we can prove you were speeding you are 20% at fault"...

it isn't always 100% yours or theirs, depending on the state of course.

but, like someone said, that IS what insurance is for. even if she continues to want you to pay, and threatens to sue you, then you just call your insurance company and let them represent you.

With that logic, I wouldn't be liable at all if I were driving in your blind spot and you pulled over, I didn't brake or take any evasive action to avoid the accident...See, I KNOW this isn't true. I had an accident about 15 years back where some guy was in another lane from me, and he swerved into my lane to avoid hitting some debris that fell off of a truck in front of him. I had no time to react except to swerve and do less damage to my car and his than I would have if I'd rear ended him. The insurance company said I was at fault for it and I had to pay for it because I didn't anticipate it and avoid the accident...

I see this showing up on Judge Judy...
Old 11-15-2007, 12:35 PM
banka87
4th Gear Member

Move and change your phone number.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:11 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

no new intakes that i'm aware of

Old 11-15-2007, 03:10 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

haha your fu*ked
next time youll learn dont drive your gf's cars
Must mean you own a piece of sh*t
Old 11-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Fletch
2nd Gear Member

I didn't get past the part - "(not my girlfriend anymore)"

~Fletch~
Old 11-15-2007, 08:01 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Yes- everyone else policy involved (except you) should pay for the 900 dollar car rental. The other guy at fault should be sued if he wont pay and your ex shouldn't ask for anything as she let you drive it and someone else hit it. (it could have happened to her). Question I have is why did she leave you and was it because of the accident?!
ORIGINAL: pascal

What you need to do is : Tell everybody to F### OFF!!
The wanna be shop, the ex, and anybody that comes up and ask you for cash.

You'll see, life will get easier.

Actually, the ex biatch and the shop might be pulling a scam on him. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Quick Reply: Crashed Car, Insurance Policy, Mustang