Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension kits for GT's

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 11:25 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

Default Suspension kits for GT's

Ok, heres the deal. I'm looking for an entire suspension kit with the main focus being road driving performance (not drag), and bang for the buck. I do understand that most kits lower the car, which is fine. but Ido not want to lower it more than 1-1.5 inches. I plan on doinga chin spoiler and am currently running the pypes mid muffler system, so too low is not ideal. Also, by lowering the car too much I'd have to get into camber/caster angles and all of that stuff which I do not really want to get into if I could avoid it. Does anyone know of any kits which I could take a look at?

If anyone is familiar with the ford racing bullitt kit for 94-04 mustangs, thats sort of what I am looking for. I had it on my 98 and loved the way the car handled. I know that the current mustangs suspension is more complex, but if i could get away with doing just shocks/struts, lowering springs, and a front and rear sway bar id be a happy guy.

Thanks for all of the help.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:34 AM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Suspension kits for GT's

roush springs,bmr lca's, d-specs, adjustable panhard if i were you
Old 11-15-2007, 12:02 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

If you liked the Ford stuff before why not again?. BTW the Eibach Pro-Kit and Roll-Kit are the same springs and bars FRPP sells. Everyone likes the Tokico D-Specs for shocks.If you can get a ride in the Shelby GT its the same parts (Except it has shocks that are more harsh).
Old 11-15-2007, 12:14 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VerginaStang

Ok, heres the deal. I'm looking for an entire suspension kit with the main focus being road driving performance (not drag), and bang for the buck. I do understand that most kits lower the car, which is fine. but Ido not want to lower it more than 1-1.5 inches. I plan on doinga chin spoiler and am currently running the pypes mid muffler system, so too low is not ideal. Also, by lowering the car too much I'd have to get into camber/caster angles and all of that stuff which I do not really want to get into if I could avoid it. Does anyone know of any kits which I could take a look at?

If anyone is familiar with the ford racing bullitt kit for 94-04 mustangs, thats sort of what I am looking for. I had it on my 98 and loved the way the car handled. I know that the current mustangs suspension is more complex, but if i could get away with doing just shocks/struts, lowering springs, and a front and rear sway bar id be a happy guy.

Bro - sell your car, it's a piece of poop [8D]

I would go with the Steeda low drop springs (forgot the real name). Tokico D-Specs and Spohn, BMR or Steeda LCAs and Pan Hard Rod. I think they should both be adjustable so you can adjust your pinion angle or camber??? One of those things. RealSpeed can hook you up man - just talk to them and stop being a wimp.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:52 PM
stangboy555
2nd Gear Member

I was planning on going with the Saleen kit myself, includes Struts, Shocks, Springs, and Sway Bar. Street price of about ~$720
Old 11-15-2007, 02:00 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangboy555

I was planning on going with the Saleen kit myself, includes Struts, Shocks, Springs, and Sway Bar. Street price of about ~$720
would u happen to have a link to said saleen kit?
Old 11-15-2007, 02:02 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

ORIGINAL: VerginaStang

Bro - sell your car, it's a piece of poop [8D]

I would go with the Steeda low drop springs (forgot the real name). Tokico D-Specs and Spohn, BMR or Steeda LCAs and Pan Hard Rod. I think they should both be adjustable so you can adjust your pinion angle or camber??? One of those things. RealSpeed can hook you up man - just talk to them and stop being a wimp.
haha bro u just named your entire suspension set up. I dont want all those cheap sounding squeeks that u get. I dont need all that adjustment riff raff.... i need something solid, fun, and quality.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:10 PM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

then stay away from the saleen kit you won't be happy
Old 11-15-2007, 02:33 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I've got the frpp kit, and am happy with it.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:41 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

BMR..LOve it..have it all...Do some research on it..

Quick Reply: Suspension kits for GT's