Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S197 Thermometer???

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 01:54 PM
mrluckycharm00
1st Gear Member

Default S197 Thermometer???

When I ordered the car ('07 GT premium), I got the interior upgrade package that included the monochromatic rearview mirror. The mirror dims automatically, has a built in compass, but no thermometer!

Does anyone know if there is a way to have a factory integrated thermometer in the Mustang? If not, does anyone know if there is some sort of an option to integrate it into my Kenwood head unit? I have a DDX-6019.

Thanks!
Old 11-15-2007, 02:06 PM
2005StangGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: S197 Thermometer???

I added an aftermarket (Donelly) auto-dim mirror that has a compass and a thermometer....had to run some wiring out to the temp sensor, but its nice to have.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:12 PM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

Disclaimer: I may be completely wrong about this but...

I posted this same thing (more or less) a while back. If I remember correctly, some of the Mustangs actually do have a thermometer there. There was the Interior Upgrade Package (IUP) as well as another package that you could get. Even though the IUP was more expensive, and marketed as the higher of the packages, the other package had a couple of features the IUP didn't. Bottom line, I think you'll be able to find something that will work easily.

Here's the link to the thread I started 9/24/07: https://mustangforums.com/m_3915539/...tm.htm#3915539
Old 11-15-2007, 02:12 PM
unsocbl
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mrluckycharm00

When I ordered the car ('07 GT premium), I got the interior upgrade package that included the monochromatic rearview mirror. The mirror dims automatically, has a built in compass, but no thermometer!

Does anyone know if there is a way to have a factory integrated thermometer in the Mustang? If not, does anyone know if there is some sort of an option to integrate it into my Kenwood head unit? I have a DDX-6019.

Thanks!
If you have the Nav option with the DDX-6019, there's an XM Traffic adapter that will also display weather (current and forecasted). The Xm adapter plugs into the nav box and the XM player is accessed through the GPS software.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:19 PM
gearhed289
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FenderParrothead

I posted this same thing (more or less) a while back. If I remember correctly, some of the Mustangs actually do have a thermometer there. There was the Interior Upgrade Package (IUP) as well as another package that you could get. Even though the IUP was more expensive, and marketed as the higher of the packages, the other package had a couple of features the IUP didn't. Bottom line, I think you'll be able to find something that will work easily.

Here's the link to the thread I started 9/24/07: https://mustangforums.com/m_3915539/...tm.htm#3915539
Wonder if that would be the Comfort Package?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Do a seach on google -- they have aftermarket rear view mirrors for the s197 that have those as well as other things such as screens intergrated in the mirror that come on when in reverse... you'll need the camera of course[&:]
Old 11-15-2007, 08:45 PM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gearhed289

ORIGINAL: FenderParrothead

Wonder if that would be the Comfort Package?
OK - I just looked it up and it was called the Sport Appearance Package. It was about $100 less than the IUP but had some things (like the GT500 pedals) that weren't in the IUP - go figure. I was thinking that there's a POSSIBILITY that it could have been a part of this. BUT, the comfort package (which I do have) is listed as the heated seats, 6-way power passenger seat, and the mirror w/ compass.

Soooooo....I give up on trying to figure this one out! LOL
Old 11-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Check this website out, should be able to get you any ford accessory for your Mustang.
http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/fas/b2c/catalog.asp
Old 11-16-2007, 01:28 PM
mrluckycharm00
1st Gear Member

[/quote]

If you have the Nav option with the DDX-6019, there's an XM Traffic adapter that will also display weather (current and forecasted). The Xm adapter plugs into the nav box and the XM player is accessed through the GPS software.
[/quote]

I do have the Kenwood navigation unit, but the only problem I have is that fact that I'm in Germany (no XM over here!!!). I believe they have a similar cable that plugs into the nav unit for the German Kenwood nav systems, but I'm not sure if it would be compatible with my nav unit since mine is the US model.

Basically I was thinking of a thermometer that was integrated into the rearview mirror. That way, I would be able to tell when it's cold enough that there is a possibility of ice on the road.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:15 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: 2005StangGT

I added an aftermarket (Donelly) auto-dim mirror that has a compass and a thermometer....had to run some wiring out to the temp sensor, but its nice to have.

I did the same thing...
But got a GENTEX 177 from a 98 Suburban in my local junk yard. $20 later and some fancy wiring, it works like a charm.
You have to get the sensor from the donor car and stick it behind the grille.

BTW, I posted on a similar thread a while back with this picture...

[IMG]local://upfiles/78700/9073906F4C5B4BC486DE8D9EF78D5B37.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: S197 Thermometer???