Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use or know about Mustang Underdrive Pulley System kits ? ? ? ? the good and bad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 11:53 AM
socal2fast
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone use or know about Mustang Underdrive Pulley System kits ? ? ? ? the good and bad?

Hi Guys I'm looking at the under pully kits for my 2007 V6. I hear they add about 8 to 10 hp. Plus help with MPG?

What dose it do?

Do these set ups hold up as well as the stock stuff? Will it do anything to your Warty. ?

Is there any down side to getting a under pully kit?

Any other info and insite from yuo guys would be GREAT.

Thanks.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:58 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone use or know about Mustang Underdrive Pulley System kits ? ? ? ? the good and bad?

Underdrive pullies slow down your accessories, and free up horsepower that would normally be used to drive accessories such as the alternator, power steering pump, water pump, and air conditioning.

As for warrenty, if you have a problem with anything associated with any of the accessories, expect a dealership to fight and say that the UDP caused the problem.

I'm not sure on the specifics of running a UDP on a V6, only GT.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:03 PM
socal2fast
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone use or know about Mustang Underdrive Pulley System kits ? ? ? ? the good and bad?

Now by slowing down my accessories will they all still work as well as stock? Like the A/C and Alternator and all that stuff?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:09 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Like I said, I'm not sure about on a V6. But on a GT, you get an oversized water pump pulley so the water pump keeps running at the same speed. On a GT, you won't have a problem with the alternator or charging unless you have a huge stereo or you sit at idle for a long time. There are lots of GT owners that have UDP and live down south and have no complaints about the air con. But some people say it takes a little longer to cool the cabin down.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I have UDP's and have no problems what so ever -- but as stated above I have a GT not a 6 -- it would be nice to see a sixer chime in that has UDP's to get their feedback.

acascianelli is correct though about the stealership and warrenty -- they will more then likely blame it on the UDP's
Old 11-16-2007, 12:24 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

You probably should have posted this in the 4.0 section.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:27 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

ive heard 14hp gains on the v6 and its well worth the money.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

possibly but I bet this section has much more feedback then there

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

You probably should have posted this in the 4.0 section.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:30 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tungstenstang

Wow...I'm having a hard time believe that but if thats true that is one hell of a deal. I was told that delete plates and UDP combined will only give me 15hp.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Well according to my tuner -- delete plates are worthless (not opinion but his)... he dyno's mustangs all day and says the gains between 2 identical stangs (one with plates of course) is like 2HP... plus you;ll loose TQ ... thats what he said anyway when I was going to purchase them -- if someone knows different please chime in and let me know

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

ORIGINAL: tungstenstang

Wow...I'm having a hard time believe that but if thats true that is one hell of a deal. I was told that delete plates and UDP combined will only give me 15hp.

Quick Reply: Anyone use or know about Mustang Underdrive Pulley System kits ? ? ? ? the good and bad?