Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Mustang GT Mod List: Critique

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 Mustang GT Mod List: Critique

ORIGINAL: rmays06

You will only need Anti squat brackets if you lower the car.
Are you sure? I know several people with stock springs that claim to have lowered their 60' times signifcantlywith them.
I wouldnt think the instant center on the stock setup would be ideal for the strip.
Seems like I get an awful lot of squat when I launch..
Old 11-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onederful100

what are zoomers?
http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/pv_cat-back_ford.asp
Old 11-17-2007, 10:38 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Gene here is a good read and from what I understand the stock set up is "close enough" to parallel

https://mustangforums.com/m_2727670/...tm.htm#2727670
Old 11-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Gene here is a good read and from what I understand the stock set up is "close enough" to parallel

ORIGINAL: Crazy Al

If we lower the rear end of the LCA even more, so now it's lower in the rear than at the front, we get a similar situaton to what I described above...but backwards. Now, the force from the rear axle is pushing up on the body. The reaction force pushes DOWN on the axle, planting it to the pavement. In this case the harder you accelerate, the more the tires are pressed onto the road...providing more traction. This is excellent for drag racing, and this kind of adjustment is key on all successful drag race vehicles. This is why all serious drag race cars run a multi-link rear suspension or ladder bars (if the rules allow it), becasue it enables better traction at launch.

Thus, using LCA relocation brackets lets you correct your LCA angle if you lower the car. They also give you the option of running an even more agressive setting (lowered or not) which will enhance your traction at launch.
From the article you linked. I dont need parallel. I need the rear lower than the front.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:58 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gene K

CAI: VMP/C&L
Includes C&L Racer Tube, VMP 88mm MAF Housing, S&B Filter, Full Heat Shield

Can you provide a link to the S&B filter you used and are you happy with it?
Old 11-18-2007, 01:32 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Gene are you sure? WIth that Link Crazy Al starts talking about more that parallel you will lose power with the ride pushing up/ It will kick the A$$ end up and be less that if it was parallel. IMO

If we lower the rear end of the LCA even more, so now it's lower in the rear than at the front, we get a similar situaton to what I described above...but backwards. Now, the force from the rear axle is pushing up on the body. The reaction force pushes DOWN on the axle, planting it to the pavement. In this case the harder you accelerate, the more the tires are pressed onto the road...providing more traction. This is excellent for drag racing, and this kind of adjustment is key on all successful drag race vehicles. This is why all serious drag race cars run a multi-link rear suspension or ladder bars (if the rules allow it), becasue it enables better traction at launch.

Thus, using LCA relocation brackets lets you correct your LCA angle if you lower the car. They also give you the option of running an even more agressive setting (lowered or not) which will enhance your traction at launch.
From the article you linked. I dont need parallel. I need the rear lower than the front.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:39 AM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

Only thing I would suggest different is skipping the 170 t-stat with so little mods. You can adjust the fan cut on temps on the x-cal, so I would just drop them when you go to the track(set my high speed at 180 on track days, which means it really never cuts off, and reprogram after we get through running.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Gene are you sure? WIth that Link Crazy Al starts talking about more that parallel you will lose power with the ride pushing up/ It will kick the A$$ end up and be less that if it was parallel. IMO

Reread my quote from Al.'s article.

Parallel is fine if you dont have traction problems. However my car actually squats the rearend on a hard launch if it hooks.
Ideally you want the car to leave deadflat with the tires hooked. The bars need to be parallel when the rear suspension is under full load.
That means they will have to be lower in the rear to avoid going past parallelduring launch.

1. Get the tires hooked.
2. Waist as little energy as possible in the process.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: alloutt

CAI: VMP/C&L
Includes C&L Racer Tube, VMP 88mm MAF Housing, S&B Filter, Full Heat Shield

Can you provide a link to the S&B filter you used and are you happy with it?
This is a proposed list. The complete package (Tube, MAF Housing, Filter, Heat Shield) is available from VMP Tuning.
S&B is a gauze filter like K&N and is included in many aftermarket CAI.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: D_Gusler

Only thing I would suggest different is skipping the 170 t-stat with so little mods. You can adjust the fan cut on temps on the x-cal, so I would just drop them when you go to the track(set my high speed at 180 on track days, which means it really never cuts off, and reprogram after we get through running.
The 2005-2006 is a 180F Thermostat
The 2007-2008is a 195F Thermostat.

The Thermostats are easier to change on a 2007+ (New Location). However if Im going to bother I figured I might as well do the 170F.

Quick Reply: 2007 Mustang GT Mod List: Critique