Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sylvania silverstars?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 06:32 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Default Sylvania silverstars?

I wanted a set of these, and I told my dad to pick me up a set when he was at pepboys last weekend. The guy said they dont make silverstars for the mustang, so he left. I see on here thata lot of people have them....so what part number is it? how much should it cost? and where did you get them? how are they
Old 11-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Sylvania silverstars?

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

I wanted a set of these, and I told my dad to pick me up a set when he was at pepboys last weekend. The guy said they dont make silverstars for the mustang, so he left. I see on here thata lot of people have them....so what part number is it? how much should it cost? and where did you get them? how are they
Pshhh...They make them!!! Stupid schmuck behind the counter probably either didn't have them or was too lazy to go look.I've got a set on my car, I THINK they're H13ST (the ST signifies the Silverstar bulbs). Basically, if you just look in your owner's manual for the replacement bulbs and add an ST to the end, that'll give you the parts number for the Silverstars.

I got mine at AutoZone, because my local PepBoys seems to ONLY cater to big azz trucks and little ricer imports, so unless you're looking for wax, big brush guards for your Dodge Ram pickup, or neon lights for your Honda, you're not going to find stuff that works for the Mustang.

You could also try a Checker's/Shuck's/Kragen, or O'Reilly if you don't have AutoZone by you...It's a fairly common bulb.

EDIT - Yep, just checked on Sylvania's website, H13STs for the high/low headlamp bulbs, and 9145ST for the foglamps.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Dutcherman
1st Gear Member

The part number is H13ST. It took me visiting at least 5 different shops in my area to find these things. Good Luck!
Old 11-17-2007, 06:44 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Watch this guy's auctions for the bulbs...great seller, good prices....quick service....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sylva...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-17-2007, 06:44 PM
clustersnarf
1st Gear Member

They're like any other light bulbs with model numbers. look in your manual for the ford parts and look at the cross reference book at the auto parts shop. the bulbs aren't just "for mustangs".

The GT Fogs and primary lights are different model numbers for the bulbs. I think one of them is H13, don't remember the other one. It will be in your car manual.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:49 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

they don't last much longer than 6 months just so you know. waste of money IMO.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:51 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

You can find the at Auto Zone as well. I think the other number is 9003.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

That's funny...I've had mine in since about a week after I bought my car, Dec. 8th, 2006. I haven't had to replace them yet...
Old 11-17-2007, 07:19 PM
jaxbelleil
2nd Gear Member

Sweet...
Old 11-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Dutcherman
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

That's funny...I've had mine in since about a week after I bought my car, Dec. 8th, 2006. I haven't had to replace them yet...
Ive had mine in since May '07, but I can see where Sonic is coming from. I used to run ST's in my 95 Tacoma and the damn things would last about 3-4months, and would always **** out on a trip to LA or LV! The brightness was a lot better but the life of the lamp made me switch back to standard. Definitely keep the stocks in the trunk just in case!

Quick Reply: Sylvania silverstars?