Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The problem with posers is ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 11:33 AM
akumaky
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: The problem with posers is ??

I bought an 08 stang gt. After the fact, i really wanted more power, and got into mods. I decided to pick a look and go with it so that my car doesn't become a random mod gathering. I chose the look, and mods of the 427 roush. Did you know that roush takes a GT and mods it to create a Roush? Well, I may, and i did say may, continue my adventure towards creating a 427, emblems and all. After all, if i bolt on everything that they do, why not... it is a roush in a sense. But, it does bother me to have to say, "it's not really a roush" so we'll see. I also like the benefit of having a 427 "like" roush in performance, without the increased insurance. I went to my dealer 4 weeks after buying my car. I would lose 8 thousand on the trade in to be able to upgrade to a roush... hmm... that's a s/c... so, since i make my car payments, i'll decide what i do.

- There's always a chance that the car will end up being sold to some poor Sap as the vehicle it's decaled/emblemed up tolook like. You say it wouldn't happen, but we know these cars well, most people DO NOT ! Not saying that the emblem guys on here would try that, I'm thinking of futures owners down the line, when vehicle history starts to get muddy. You hear of classic cars being falsely presented all the time.
No change of this at all really.. well, there shouldn't be. You see, the first thing your insurance company "should" ask is, what's the vehicle vin number. That will tell them EXACTLY what the car really is. Then, you have a fraudulant claim on your hands.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:42 AM
sarNz
2nd Gear Member

what i dont get is if someone buys a GT, then gets all the body parts + paint + emblems to make it look like a GT500, they could have just had a GT500 from the start! In classic cars I see no problems if someone makes a replica though, because the difference between what they are making and what they have is like 150 grand if youre talking about a GT500.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:42 AM
akumaky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangboy555

I used to think about this alot. I guess it depends on the severity of the situation. Myself, I like Saleens, but I refuse to pay $60K+ for a mustang.Just because, its just a mustang with aftermarket parts. I enjoy working on my car, modding it the way I like and making it look good. I also plan on doing a Saleen conversion on my 07 GT, and I plan on doing the majority of the work myself (with the help of a few friends). Call me a poser all you want, just be ready to answer to my Supercharger
+1 what's the fun of buying a finished car? i'd rather pay 1/2 the price and enjoy the adventure and challenge of the creation process myself. In the end, you spend more getting the parts, paying labor, and working on it instead of spending time with loved ones. All they do is take a GT and create a different car. What's wrong with the consumer doing the same thing?
Old 11-18-2007, 11:44 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Did you know that roush takes a GT and mods it to create a Roush?
Really ???

Well, I may, and i did say may, continue my adventure towards creating a 427, emblems and all. After all, if i bolt on everything that they do, why not... it is a roush in a sense. But, it does bother me to have to say, "it's not really a roush" so we'll see. I also like the benefit of having a 427 "like" roush in performance, without the increased insurance. I went to my dealer 4 weeks after buying my car. I would lose 8 thousand on the trade in to be able to upgrade to a roush... hmm... that's a s/c... so, since i make my car payments, i'll decide what i do.
That's fine, but you said your adventure may or may not be to "create a 427". You will never do that. It isn't a Roush and whatever you do to it, it will never become a Roush, even if you slap all Roush gear onto it.
It's your car, I agree, that's fine, but I feel for the guy 15 years down the line who blows his wad on a "Roush" only to find it isn't. .
akumaky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sarNz

what i dont get is if someone buys a GT, then gets all the body parts + paint + emblems to make it look like a GT500, they could have just had a GT500 from the start! In classic cars I see no problems if someone makes a replica though, because the difference between what they are making and what they have is like 150 grand if youre talking about a GT500.
there is no difference. if something is wrong, it is always wrong.
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Emblem posing, is the counter-tactic towards badge engineering. Let's face it, the GT500 should have had better suspension, and the GT500 name is a large part of the car's style. It's not entierly the car's style, but it is significantly so. That's not cool because to a certain degree the consumer has to pay for that (hello mark-up in this case).

Posers therefore aren't a huge problem, sometimes they just want to secretly tell everyone they are posers and trying to seem like they have a good car without having one, making the situation obvious, or instead of being masochistic they are just dumb and embarrassing w/e (the former being what is constantly going through the minds of most ricers). It's also good to give people styling options because restyling a car can create beautiful results. The final good natured element of posers is that they help diffuse badge engineering.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:45 AM
akumaky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

Did you know that roush takes a GT and mods it to create a Roush?
Really ???

Well, I may, and i did say may, continue my adventure towards creating a 427, emblems and all. After all, if i bolt on everything that they do, why not... it is a roush in a sense. But, it does bother me to have to say, "it's not really a roush" so we'll see. I also like the benefit of having a 427 "like" roush in performance, without the increased insurance. I went to my dealer 4 weeks after buying my car. I would lose 8 thousand on the trade in to be able to upgrade to a roush... hmm... that's a s/c... so, since i make my car payments, i'll decide what i do.
That's fine, but you said your adventure may or may not be to "create a 427". You will never do that. It isn't a Roush and whatever you do to it, it will never become a Roush, even if you slap all Roush gear onto it.
It's your car, I agree, that's fine, but I feel for the guy 15 years down the line who blows his wad on a "Roush" only to find it isn't. .
I will never have a roush created by the roush factory. yes. i think i made that point clear when i said "But, it does bother me to have to say, "it's not really a roush" so we'll see."

also, quit saying people will buy them and get ripped off. Your insurance company will tell you what you are buying the minute they run the vin number. calling a lawyer and making a police report is step one + two. step three, sending him to jail. if what you are saying is really that easy, people would set up shops and do this all day to make big money.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:54 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

this should get good, when the posers
weigh in on the subject
Old 11-18-2007, 11:55 AM
akumaky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz
Its pathetic. Get an education and become rich so you can buy what you're lieing about having, otherwise be happy with what you worked hard for.
getting an education does no grant wealth. law school puts out more lawyers each year than can actually be used in high paying positions. The market is flooded. many attourneys come out 200+ thousand in debt with no job, and haven't even passed the bar. I have a masters degree and am working on my doc.. but guess what, i chose to offer my services to the school district. how come I cannot pay for a shelby based on your logic?
Old 11-18-2007, 12:01 PM
akumaky
2nd Gear Member

well, i can tell that i am getting kind of mad here so i'll just stay clear of this thread from here on out. I just don't like people who judge others. i also don't like people who protect people who are clearly ripping the general public off, which these emblems do. We all know that you'd rather take your child to a discount store to buy the designer jeans for half the price so you can save money... would you like your childs friends to make fun of them at school and say they didnt get it at the real "mall" so they are stupid.... i don't know. I look at things differently. always have.. so this is my issue and i have no issue with you guys. I want to make friends here, so i'll shut up before you all hate me

Quick Reply: The problem with posers is ??