Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who likes the new 2008 Bullitt. I enjoy it's conservative look. Love it and I want one.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Who likes the new 2008 Bullitt. I enjoy it's conservative look. Love it and I want one.

I LOVE the color.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:28 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Who likes the new 2008 Bullitt. I enjoy it's conservative look. Love it and I want one.

I like it and think I might have to pick one up in a few years when the my GT is paid off.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Ehh, just not whooped up on this one.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

The fuel injection system is entierly redone on this car. As is the timing computer. The car has a system that can tune the engine to the octane rating that is put in the car.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Legion5
The fuel injection system is entierly redone on this car. As is the timing computer. The car has a system that can tune the engine to the octane rating that is put in the car.
Please show proof of this
Old 11-18-2007, 05:38 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

i just wish they had put some louvers on it.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:39 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Revlefty

I LOVE the color.

I also LOVE the understated looks of the Bullitt and, unlike almost everybody else on here, have no complaints about it except perhaps for its minimal power gain over the stock GT (350 rwhp would have been more appropriate).
Nevertheless, I actually like it WAAAAY better than the Shelby GT 500- which I really think looks like a POS compared to the stock GT with all those ugly appearance mods (no, I an NOT just jealous- I can easily afford one if I wanted it).
Not too crazy about the Shelby GT either with its pathetic non-functional hood & side scoops, but hey, I'm just an old fart (just turned 58), so what the hell do I know about "cool" styling?
Old 11-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

ORIGINAL: Legion5
Please show proof of this
Yes, I'd love to see proof of that
Old 11-18-2007, 05:46 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

I'm under 40 (by about 18 years) and I guess it's a neat concept, but I think Ford dropped the ball on this one. I love the classic McQueen pony from the movie, and I was pretty pumped when I heard this one was coming out, but it ending up being nothing really special. Typically I like the flashy stuff (GT500, the SuperSnake, etc) but for the sake of tradition I was down with this model being conservative and retro (since our S197s are anyway), and it delivered on that front, I'm just a bit disappointed with whatever else they did to this car.

I was expecting a clean, understated (which it is) 400 horsepower Mustang (which it isn't), and so the end result was less than thrilling for me. In fact, when I read the performance specs on this car over what had been earlier hyped up, I thought "What the hell did they do?"

I guess the small upgrades they made are better than nothing, especially given the very reasonable MSRP of the Bullitt, but I was expecting this to be a pricey, powerful, special model, and I'm not really happy with the results that came out.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie
ORIGINAL: Revlefty
I LOVE the color.
I LOVE that color too- that was the color of the car I learned to drive on (my parents' then new '67 highland green 289 Stang), and even though I really like the Tungsten too, I would have ordered my '07 in that color if it had been an option.

I also LOVE the understated looks of the Bullitt and, unlike almost everybody else on here, have no complaints about it except perhaps for its minimal power gain over the stock GT (350 rwhp would have been more appropriate).
Nevertheless, I actually like it WAAAAY more than the Shelby GT 500- which I think looks like a POS with all those appearance mods, and belongs on "Pimp my Ride" (no, I an NOT just jealous- I can easily afford one if I wanted it).
Not crazy about the Shelby GT either with those pathetic non-functional hood & side scoops, but hey, I'm just an old fart (just turned 58), so what the hell do I know about "cool" styling?
I'm with you on that and I'm 22
I don't mind the GT500 but I don't see it as a true shelby
it has a few things I like (rear air difuser might be functional) upgraded suspension but If it looked like the GT minus fogs it would be more of a Shelby

After all Shelby wasn't known for fashion cars but for proformance cars

Quick Reply: Who likes the new 2008 Bullitt. I enjoy it's conservative look. Love it and I want one.