Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is this even a real roush, i say FRAUD ALERT

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 09:19 PM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: is this even a real roush, i say FRAUD ALERT

Fake: the hood scoop isn't a roush hood scoop.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:53 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

its real! its a roush sport, it didnt come with a hood scoop so he added a xenon one, the rear emblem says GT because its not a stage 1,2,3 427, 428. it has salvage parts from a saleen, plus the vin number checks with roush online.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:03 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Well, let me be the odd man out...

But a 2005 with only 12500 miles and roush and saleen mods is a good buy @ 25K. I think its a beautiful car. I would've bought it over my used '05 that I spent 20K on.

The salvage title is the only quirky part for me. Probably a stolen car all together with a salvaged VIN slapped on.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Sho

ORIGINAL: tungstenstang

its real! its a roush sport, it didnt come with a hood scoop so he added a xenon one, the rear emblem says GT because its not a stage 1,2,3 427, 428. it has salvage parts from a saleen, plus the vin number checks with roush online.
All Roush Mustangs are Stage 1 2 or 3 and the 427R is a stage 3 without all of the fancy stuff, just raw power and wheels. As for the 428 i dunno where you got that from, 428's havent been around since the early 70's. My guess is the minor side damage was a totaled car with the frame bent in to the gear shifter. Someone bought the car salvaged as a stage 1 or 2 roush and didnt know what the hell they were doing when they put the thing back together. Never have i seen a roush with a GT emblem on it or with painted side mirrors. The car was totally smashed, stay away from it. As for the 25k he wants, if it wasnt a total POS then yeah thats a great deal for a roush but you would be loosing your *** on that car.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:15 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

It's most likely legit. In 2005 (and possibly 2006, not sure) Roush made something called a "Roush Sport".. There's a guy here locally that has one, and me and a few friends went round and round about whether or not it was legit until we finally caved and went and looked it up.

Run the VIN..
Old 11-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Sho

I took a closer look at the pictures, the small side damage had to be more than that. The missing fogs are because the front was replaced...

Here is why..

Roush doesnt wire a switch for nothing... This is a real one but its been through some major body work. My guess is Hood Fender Door Quarter and Most of the rear panels have either had extensive work or totally replaced.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:27 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LuckyFlyingROUSH

Yes it is a ROUSH.
1. Probably stage 1 or 2
2. Mine didnt have the emblem because it was stage1
3. Mine has paper sticker on the passenger door
4. No holes either probably had them shaved.
5. Probably didn't like the rims.
6. There aren't any fog lights in the facia on mine, just where the normal GTs are.

Other than that it has the full body kid, speedo, carbonfiber, seats, signed by roush, and has a serial number by roush.

But personally I would run the vin number and go check it out in person to make sure.
I love your sig bro. I love me some hooters girls.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:40 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

A Stage 1 Roush is just the body kit, which it has and includes the replacement false gas cap which says Stage 1. With that in mind I believe that he peiced it together, but who knows. Why take the chance when you could find a Roush that isn't a hybrid with Saleen? [8D]

-Jeff
Old 11-20-2007, 11:47 PM
akumaky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sho

I took a closer look at the pictures, the small side damage had to be more than that. The missing fogs are because the front was replaced...

Here is why..

Roush doesnt wire a switch for nothing... This is a real one but its been through some major body work. My guess is Hood Fender Door Quarter and Most of the rear panels have either had extensive work or totally replaced.
this post actually brings up a question that i have been curious about

I installed the roush front fascia, and that switch is in my car right where this pic shows it.

Yet, i went on the ford showroom floor, and the roushes being sold now (427) don't have this switch. is this in real roushes? or just vthe after market roushes that they add the fascia to?
Old 11-21-2007, 12:06 AM
Sho

All roushes have the fog lights, atleast the ones i have seen. That switch lets you choose to use the center grill fogs or the lover valance ones. I assume it could also be on GT's with a lower foglight option? Either way the car had fogs on it and now it doesnt. I would bet that if roush moded a car that had lower fogs they would have put the back in the car rather than have a usless switch there. This guy either has a fake with alot of authentic parts or a true roush that was badly damaged and peiced back together for cheap and is trying to make some fast cash off of it. I'm leaning toward the ladder. I dont see any reason to change all of the things the owner did for personal taste. Like the non roush hood scoop, if i was going to try and make it look like one i would get the right part. Look at the side view of the car. The front bumper, just forward of the tire there should be a cut out with at screen in it. There is no screen just a hole. This car is all fooked up, i feel sorry for the poor guy who buys this and realizes he got screwed.

Quick Reply: is this even a real roush, i say FRAUD ALERT