Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Law...Front plate.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Ultrashock
2nd Gear Member

Default Texas Law...Front plate.

So I got told something last night which I thought would never happen...I was wondering if there is anyone here who has rigged it to be "on the front" but not exactly drilled into the front. With that question I'll share the story that caused this. My friends and I had just bought a case and were heading to another friends house when this dude comes by and revs at me in his camaro. (Same guy always does this but wont race me)... Not that I would wanna waste my time with his POS lt1. :-P Anyway, i was in the turn lane and revved back but didnt see the officer sitting in the turn lane to my left at the intersection. I knew as soon as I turned he would pull me over. I do..and he does. He comes running up to the car with his gun drawn and tells us we are about to get shot and i was like...What the hell dude? Come to find out...he saw my back seat passenger ducking in the seat. We are sitting on the concrete in front of the stang and they are searching her out. He tosses a huge blunt on the top of my car. Im like...dude...no way. Im pissed because one of my buddys was holding. I dont smoke and do not like trafficing drugs even if it's not mine. I was pissed. Luckily he was cool and asked if we believed in Santa...he said merry christmas and stomped out the blunt and gave my buddy a ticket for just paraphernalia. He told me the reason he pulled me over was for the plate though...not the revving...even though it was loud as hell. He told me to put one on there immediatly, but It's damn ugly. So again, any other ways to rig it up to be technically legal without making my car look like poop?
Old 11-21-2007, 11:11 AM
roush427rrr
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Texas Law...Front plate.

see this thread:

https://mustangforums.com/m_3539776/tm.htm

i have one it works pretty well.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:15 AM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

wow sucks I smoke and drive all the timeI put my plate in the front window and have never been Fked with. I actually just took the plate off my dash and threw it in the back seat for about a couple weeks now and still no laws.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:18 AM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

heres one at moss kinda interesting
http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/View...eIndexID=59049
Old 11-21-2007, 11:34 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

My front plate is sitting in my trunk. They are attempting to pass a law in Texas which will elimanate the front plate requirement.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I would just put it in your window or something for a bit then go back to normal.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:00 PM
kirax105strike
2nd Gear Member

aha great story
reminds me of supertroopers
but yah texas cops are bitches
my girl got pulled over for not having a bright enough light on her license plate
Old 11-21-2007, 12:27 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, Texas police can be annoying sometimes. I was stopped once doing 55 in a 45 and he told me I was doing "almost 60", but gave me a warning. But you really have to watch out for west Texas. I was given a ticket for doing 80 in a 70 just east of Midland. Traffic was light. I asked him if they were being a little strict because of the holiday (it was Memorial Day weekend) and he said, "No, it's this way all the time." Come to find out from some friends that this is true. From Abilene to Midland on I-20, they'll stop you for 10 over.

I do realize that 1 MPH over the speed limit is speeding and they could legally issue a ticket. But most places in Texas, they won't bother you unless you're at least 15 MPH over the speed limit.

Hadn't heard about the front plate law maybe changing in Texas. Hope that comes to be. Mine is screwed into the front bumper, but I could fix that.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:32 PM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wthalliii

Yeah, Texas police can be annoying sometimes. I was stopped once doing 55 in a 45 and he told me I was doing "almost 60", but gave me a warning. But you really have to watch out for west Texas. I was given a ticket for doing 80 in a 70 just east of Midland. Traffic was light. I asked him if they were being a little strict because of the holiday (it was Memorial Day weekend) and he said, "No, it's this way all the time." Come to find out from some friends that this is true. From Abilene to Midland on I-20, they'll stop you for 10 over.

I do realize that 1 MPH over the speed limit is speeding and they could legally issue a ticket. But most places in Texas, they won't bother you unless you're at least 15 MPH over the speed limit.

Hadn't heard about the front plate law maybe changing in Texas. Hope that comes to be. Mine is screwed into the front bumper, but I could fix that.
My girlfriend got pulled over for going 6 over the speed limitand wasissued a warning. but these guys are dicks I got 7 speeding tickets in a 4 year time span..but those were well deserved
Old 11-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Ultrashock
2nd Gear Member

Yeah its just damn ugly on our cars. =/ Texas police or the local police department rather is strict but are much lighter on you if you dont BS them and are just straight forward. I usually go 5 over at max...even if that.My buddy got pulled over last week for no reason when we were going to work. The cop asked for his license blah blah...asked where he was going...buddy told him he was going to work. The cop went back to his car and came back. Then he asked "what exactly did you pull me over for". The cop didnt say anything and handed him his license and said "Have a good night". They bitch about us wasting their time but wouldnt this be a case where they are just wasting OUR time?
Old 11-21-2007, 01:26 PM
duckbubbles
2nd Gear Member

What the hell is a blunt????

Frank
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Texas Law...Front plate.