Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A question for those who are using a brenspeed tune

Old 11-22-2007, 07:25 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

Default A question for those who are using a brenspeed tune

My only engine mod is a Steeda intake tube upgrade and CAI. I have been running it with Brenspeed's 93 performance tune for less than a week now. But I'm wondering what the difference performance-wise and gas mileage-wise would be between that and the 91 and 87 tunes. I mean, if the other tunes are almost as good, I could be maybe just as happy and save a little on gas. I have the tunes and can try them, but I was just wondering what the experience of the group is.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: A question for those who are using a brenspeed tune

I have all 3 with a C&L intake and have been running them for about 6 months. Gas mileage did not change much between them.the difference as noteasy to tell by the seat of your pants but the higher octane willgive you the most goyou can get from pump gas.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:58 PM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

I'm running Brenspeeds 93 tune with my JLT2. I ran the 87 tune for 1 week before I filled up with 93 & loaded that tune. I noticed a seat of the pants difference between the 2. Much better pull overall. I've read you get somewhere around 3/5 HP increase with every step up in octane. Have no dyno numbers to prove this, but it sounds accurate. Even with the higher gas prices, I'm not even considering going back to the 87. Price difference isn't that much IMO. I noticed no difference in milage, but only running the 87 for 1 week din't give me much to compare to.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:36 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

I went from stock to Steeda CAI and Brenspeed 93.. I'll NEVER go back, 93 is only 3 cents more than 91 out here..
Old 11-23-2007, 12:07 AM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

93 FTW
Old 11-23-2007, 12:13 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

def 93 dude you save about $110 dollars a year IF you save 20 cents per gallon from 93 to 87 or w/e you can get thats lowest. Thats averaging 18mpg and 10,000 miles in the year so rough estimate its only 100bucks saved for less preformance and more buildup in your engine and more wear. You might actually cut even with repair costs and engine maintinence and you have the extra preformance to boot. Go with the high octane stuff
Old 11-23-2007, 06:03 PM
ccdguy
1st Gear Member

I'm running an AFE CAI and Brenspeed 89 at the moment. It definitely feels better than the 87 tune and definitely better than stock. Believe it or not, I did see about 1-2 mpg increase on the 89, but I usually don't see it, 'cause I tend to romp on the gas more with the new tune. [8D]
My only problem with the new 89 tune was that there was engine ping at tip in, and during low load, slow accelaration. So Brent revised my tune with increased fuel in the table. That took care of the problem. I wish that I had skiped the 87 tune all together, and went with 89, 91, 93 instead. I might have to as Brent to hook me up with the 91 in the spring after the Stang comes out of it's winter hibernation. [:@] I hate winters....
Old 11-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

I switched back to 87 for a tank, wont do it again
Old 11-23-2007, 09:41 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

Let me see if I understand what you guys are saying. Something like:

93 FTW and don't look back!

All right, I think I can handle that. The only problem I'm having with the 93 tune, if you can call it that, is that when I take off from stop lights, the throttle is so sensitive that it's difficult not to slam my wife's head against the seat. Oh well, we must all make sacrifices in the name of raw power. LOL

Thanks for the help, guys.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:28 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

haha. Im always yelling at my g/f, to quit bobbin her head. If shes gonna do that it might as well be in the right direction!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A question for those who are using a brenspeed tune