Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Pile Up.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Ultrashock
2nd Gear Member

Default Mustang Pile Up.

I was sleeping just now when a friend of mine called and told me he saw 3 mustangs all wrecked it on coming traffic neat beltway 8. They were all street racing obviously. Thats not even the worst part. Turns out one of the guys is one of my mustang buddy who has put a lot of time and money into his 05. He told me that one of the stangs was smashed in from the front and his was smashed from the side. Hopefully he's alright as well as his mustang. Hoping for no frame damage but thats not likely from the way it sounded. Man it's like waking up to a nightmare. I seriously couldnt even go back to sleep after that phone call and I have work tonight!
Old 11-23-2007, 03:15 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang Pile Up.

That's exaclty the reason why I save it all for the track. Don't get me wrong, I'll do a WOT for a second or two now and then by myself when no one else is on the road but street racing is just plain crazy and stupid. That being said I hope your friend is alright with no broken bones, that's what really matters.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

what part of 8

I just got back from north houston (I-45 to I-10)
Old 11-23-2007, 03:16 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Well, there isn't much you can do now...
Since your buddy is OK, you can help him later to put the Stang back to its previous condition.
I did that for a friend of mine andhis car came out better (took a few months though).
Old 11-23-2007, 03:17 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sorry to hear it
Old 11-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

is he on this forum
Old 11-23-2007, 03:45 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07SCGT

That's exaclty the reason why I save it all for the track. Don't get me wrong, I'll do a WOT for a second or two now and then by myself when no one else is on the road but street racing is just plain crazy and stupid. That being said I hope your friend is alright with no broken bones, that's what really matters.
Didn't you just post about racing your Z06 in your 07 lol? [sm=funnypostabove.gif]

-Jeff
Old 11-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Ultrashock
2nd Gear Member

It's actually in Pasadena. 8 and spencer hwy. Im gonna call and see whats all happening from here.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:58 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

Didn't you just post about racing your Z06 in your 07 lol? [sm=funnypostabove.gif]

-Jeff
yeah that was different though, it was a controlled environment on the dealers own inventory lot in the back on a private street, that we had to go through a security guarded entrance, and we shut them down at 80mph.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:49 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: nothsa

[blockquote]quote:

[/blockquote]

-Jeff
[/blockquote]

yeah that was different though, it was a controlled environment on the dealers own inventory lot in the back on a private street, that we had to go through a security guarded entrance, and we shut them down at 80mph.
07SCGT, I read your post earlier and you were very clear about how it was a controlled, closed environment and from the sound of nothsa's post, it doesn't seem like he's bashing on you, moreso as he is just trying to make a joke about and lighten the mood to this tragedy. I hope all are ok. I know with our cars we get picked on a lot, by ALL kinds of cars, and being the beasts they are, we jump on that throttle ( I am guilty myself) any chance we get. But unfortunately, more often than not, these end up being the consequences. Luckily in this situation, no one was killed. Lets be thankful for that.

Quick Reply: Mustang Pile Up.