Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok Guys time to pick some parts? Intake? Headers? Exhaust? Whats the best????

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 10:32 PM
socal2fast
2nd Gear Member

Default Ok Guys time to pick some parts? Intake? Headers? Exhaust? Whats the best????

Ok guys now it's time to start lookngi at some motor upgrades.

Things I'm looking at are listed here and input you guys have on each item would be Great!

1. Intake with maybe tuner Best Model and brand for v6 Mustang that is SMOG/CARB Legal.

2. 1st. I upgraded the duel GT mufflers but would it still be woth upgrading to a bolt on Exhaust would I see any added HP or ?
Exhaust bolt one with H Pipe? Best model and Brand? That is CARB Legal.

3. Intake Best Brand and Model ? That is CARB Legal?

How much added HP should I be looking at by adding these 3 Items?

One last thing a guy told me I should get a Under pully kit as well? That the batt. and A/C and other Items would take 25% less from the Motor?
Is this good to do? I have after market audio/video with 2 amps Plus I would like my A/C to stay working as good as stock set up as I live in
So.Cal. and those 110 Sunny hot days in the summer are a bit much and I love useing the A/C all the time :-)

Thanks for all the great info that you guys have been giving.

Car Photo
http://s165.photobucket.com/pbwidget...t/f1aefe38.pbw

Old 11-24-2007, 10:13 AM
socal2fast
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ok Guys time to pick some parts? Intake? Headers? Exhaust? Whats the best????

anyone?
Old 11-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ok Guys time to pick some parts? Intake? Headers? Exhaust? Whats the best????

C&L intake w/ tune from brenspeed 600$

depends what sound you what, axel backs will give you nothing but sound, some can actually lose torque because of less back pressure

Old 11-24-2007, 01:29 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

If you are wanting CARB legal, the only upgrade i think you can do is steeda or FRPP CAI tune.....no headers of o/r pipe....you can get new axlebacks but that is all for the exhaust
Old 11-24-2007, 03:02 PM
socal2fast
2nd Gear Member

I was told that the JSA Headers and Exhaust are CARB Legal?
Old 11-24-2007, 04:21 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

The only headers that are carb legal for Ca. are shorty headers...All others move the cats so make them illegal in Ca. That is what was told to me when I had big dreams
Old 03-07-2008, 07:14 PM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

that sucks i live in new jersey so no restricions obviously you wont pass inspection with an or pipe but with wat th e other guys are saying go with wat u can get away with shorty headers cai and a tune and maybe some gears
Old 03-07-2008, 07:25 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

UPGRADING A 6 CYLINDER? OK, THAT'S COOL......I USED TO HAVE A 6 CYLINDER FIREDBIRD(SORRY EVERYONE), BUT I DID TURN IT INTO A BEAST....DOING THAT COSTS A LOT OF MONEY. TO GET YOURS TO PERFORM LIKE A STOCK GT WILL COSTS YOU A PRETTY PENNY,IF NOT YOUR WHOLE ACCOUNT....I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THE UNDER DRIVE PULLEYS, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU HAVE AN AUDIO SYSTEM. EXHAUST IS YOUR CHOICE AND K&N MAKES A PRETTY GOOD COLD AIR INTAKE;HOWEVER, THEY ARE ALL "CLOSE" TO THE SAME....EXHAUSTS, PULLEYS, AND INTAKE WILL SET YOU BACK SOME MONEY AND YOU WON'T FEEL ANY REAL GAINS.MAYBE A LITTLE BETTER MPG....IT'S ALL UP TO YOU...HAVE FUN, BUT I WOULD SPEND MONEY DRESSING IT UP ON THE OUTSIDE.....WHAT YEAR V-6 IS THIS ??????
Old 03-07-2008, 07:49 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: 1morepart

UPGRADING A 6 CYLINDER? OK, THAT'S COOL......I USED TO HAVE A 6 CYLINDER FIREDBIRD(SORRY EVERYONE), BUT I DID TURN IT INTO A BEAST....DOING THAT COSTS A LOT OF MONEY. TO GET YOURS TO PERFORM LIKE A STOCK GT WILL COSTS YOU A PRETTY PENNY,IF NOT YOUR WHOLE ACCOUNT....I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THE UNDER DRIVE PULLEYS, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU HAVE AN AUDIO SYSTEM. EXHAUST IS YOUR CHOICE AND K&N MAKES A PRETTY GOOD COLD AIR INTAKE;HOWEVER, THEY ARE ALL "CLOSE" TO THE SAME....EXHAUSTS, PULLEYS, AND INTAKE WILL SET YOU BACK SOME MONEY AND YOU WON'T FEEL ANY REAL GAINS.MAYBE A LITTLE BETTER MPG....IT'S ALL UP TO YOU...HAVE FUN, BUT I WOULD SPEND MONEY DRESSING IT UP ON THE OUTSIDE.....WHAT YEAR V-6 IS THIS ??????
he sure as hell will feel something with all of that.....thats 40+ hp atleast!
Old 03-07-2008, 09:14 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

Just get a Xcal2 and C&L intake from VMP Tuning. The GT exhaust is good enough. The only reason why I wouldn't say to get the UDPs is because you have that audio equipment and unless you want to buy a new alternator, keep the stock pullies.

www.VMPTuning.com

Quick Reply: Ok Guys time to pick some parts? Intake? Headers? Exhaust? Whats the best????