Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painting inbetween taillights with back?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Painting inbetween taillights with back?

Why? Because I like it, and my check paid for it.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:35 PM
awsomeaussies206
2nd Gear Member

https://mustangforums.com/m_3530677/tm.htm

Here's the link. I also like this painted look better than the plastic covers. IMO the covers look kinda cheap, but that's just me
Old 11-24-2007, 11:41 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I have to say...the black outlines on the taillights looks pretty good to me......but I do think I would opt for the decals rather than the painting. The decals provide sharply defined and neat edges. Looks good !
s ~
Old 11-25-2007, 12:09 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmays06

WHY on earth would you do this? There is honeycomb panels and plastic pieces you can put there and at the very least there is decals which are removable....why would you paint?
I would paint because it looks 100 times better than plastic crap on my taillights. JMO, but you bashing people that have painted, bringsme into play here. My tails are painted black and it looks 1000x's better than tint or plastic covers that say AVS.

-Jeff
Old 11-25-2007, 12:32 AM
WPsharpshooter
3rd Gear Member

You could even go as far as getting your paint matched color in a can and paint it body color, although if you done that you wouldnt be saving alot......I wonder what that would look like HUUUMM. I didnt think of that until I saw this post......Damn you ppl make me wanna spend money!
Old 11-25-2007, 12:43 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: awsomeaussies206

https://mustangforums.com/m_3530677/tm.htm

Here's the link. I also like this painted look better than the plastic covers. IMO the covers look kinda cheap, but that's just me
Maybe it's me but those just don't look different enough from stock
Old 11-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

I would paint because it looks 100 times better than plastic crap on my taillights. JMO, but you bashing people that have painted, bringsme into play here. My tails are painted black and it looks 1000x's better than tint or plastic covers that say AVS.

-Jeff
Mine don't say AVS. That was the first thing I did was paint them to make them black instead of smoked in color. I like the bezels, they integrate the tail-lights into the blackout panels very nicely, much better than the rattle can could do.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:55 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pantera72

-Jeff
Mine don't say AVS. That was the first thing I did was paint them to make them black instead of smoked in color. I like the bezels, they integrate the tail-lights into the blackout panels very nicely, much better than the rattle can could do.

I didn't mean to offend people with the AVS covers, i'm just saying that there is nothing wrong with painted.

-Jeff
Old 11-25-2007, 12:58 AM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

I didn't mean to offend people with the AVS covers, i'm just saying that there is nothing wrong with painted.

-Jeff
Come on man, you didn't offend me, i'm not that delicate.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:13 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

I myself am having the rear painted rather then the covers and plastic or magnet center piece, I had the honey comb and tail covers on my car and it looked good from far away but when you get close enough it looks like a bunch of cheap plastic and the blacks dont even match. IMO

Heres a pic of what it looks like with it on. I have black roush spoiler and tungsten car so I am having the tails and the center painter the same color as the spoiler so they all match up , rather then 3 diff colors of black on theback of my car.

I am also having the lil tabs from the roush spoilerthat sit on the back of the trunk removed,so that it looks more flush. IMO it will look wicked, I havent seen any yet like it but add pics if you have please.They areugly and completly usless considering this piece of the spoiler is bolted and taped and isnt going anywhere......

Quick Reply: Painting inbetween taillights with back?