Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fishtailing... what will get rid of it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 12:18 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Fishtailing... what will get rid of it?

Not to hijack, but this IS kinda related to the topic... Several people in here have mentioned Watts Links. Does anyone in this thread HAVE one, or know someone who does that I could talk to? I'm thinking about getting one. Lakewood makes one, it's available for $449 plus free shipping. I was wondering about the install process.. Easy enough and idiot-proof enough that I can do it myself? If not, what should I expect for labor hours fi I take it to a shop? I've read quite a bit on rear-end geometry, but I don't have the tools or experience for any of the hardcore stuff myself..

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:16 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Fishtailing... what will get rid of it?

speaking of tires, be sure to check what your tire is made of and designed to do.

Certain compunds are highly resistant to skid(similiar to put on oil resistant soles on your shoes).

They cost more, but dam they are STICKY[8D],but DO NOT LAST

CASE CLOSED

The Continental ContiExtremeContact is an Ultra High Performance All-Season radial that was developed to satisfy the year-round driving needs of sports car, coupe, sedan and light truck drivers by blending dry and wet road performance with light snow and slush traction.
The ContiExtremeContact's silica-based, high-grip, all-season tread compound is molded into an independent tread block design that features Continental's "Tri-Net" and "Shark Fin Bio-Mechanics" technologies.

Tri-Net's three networks result in a tread design that combines a strong network for dry road handling stability, a flexible network for wet grip, and a cold temp network for snow grip.

The "Shark Fin Bio-Mechanics" directional tread design is inspired by the rounded edges of a shark's fin that allows for the smooth fluid flow that helps it glide smoothly through water with minimum friction.

Internally, the ContiExtremeContact's twin steel belts are reinforced with spirally wound jointless nylon cap plies to provide long term integrity under high speed conditions while it reduces weight and helps provide more uniform ride quality.