Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snow Tire Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 07:50 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Snow Tire Question

ORIGINAL: alex0o85

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Last weekend while on our way back from Missouri, we got snowed on. I dropped my wife off at the door of Walmart to get some cold medicine and while she was in there, I tried to spin out the stang in the parking lot. There was 4 inches on the ground, the temp was 27*, I tried to spin it out but it just wouldn't. I cranked the wheel, stomped it and got a little slid, but nothing I couldn't correct for. I was impressed.
I find this very unlikely. I can easily spin out by just steppin on the gas and trying a quick turn. I guess you just cant spin out, which is great for you.

Don't know what to tell you. I was going maybe 5-10 mph, turned the wheel and stomped it. The rear slid out a little but with me correcting, it straightened up like a champ. Maybe it's the driver.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Opie

Ive driven a two wheel drive s-10 through a heavy colorado winter and Im pretty sure thats the worst snow vehicle ever so by comparison I think my GT should be a treat [8D]
Nope! Miatas are the worst snow vehicles ever. But the diffeence between regular rubber and Blizzaks is night and day.

If you have a tune that sharpens throttle response and turns off TCS I would hityour tuner up for a "Snow Driving" File.
If you are still on the stock tune you should be fine with a set of Blizzaks.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:39 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gene K

ORIGINAL: Opie

Ive driven a two wheel drive s-10 through a heavy colorado winter and Im pretty sure thats the worst snow vehicle ever so by comparison I think my GT should be a treat [8D]
Nope! Miatas are the worst snow vehicles ever. But the diffeence between regular rubber and Blizzaks is night and day.

If you have a tune that sharpens throttle response and turns off TCS I would hityour tuner up for a "Snow Driving" File.
If you are still on the stock tune you should be fine with a set of Blizzaks.

Nope Fiero is the worst snow car.