Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-27-2015, 10:37 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

DIY HID INSTALL on a 2007 V6

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:14 PM
madmax69ca

Default RE: DIY HID INSTALL on a 2007 V6

Nice write up. Ordered the same kit last week from them along with the single H10 kit for the fogs. Do you know if there is any particular challenge with the fogs ? Do I also need a relay harness like the headlight setup ?

Thanks !
Old 11-26-2007, 10:28 PM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

Very nice write-up, I'm planning on ordering from them also but from their website, they're cheaper that way. I'll probably do both my Stang and my truck. The guys I know running them for a while already haven't had any kind of issues.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:18 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

my friend has the same kit on a honda prelude and im gettting it when i get my stang but they are sweet and prbly the first thing i will order for my gt...my budd got his for 75.00 shipped off ebay same box you have and everything but very nice write up and they look great man
Old 11-27-2007, 12:55 AM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

good luck with them,i have had to send back both ballests so far,cheap china crap does not lastlong.then your stuck with shipping them back and paying for shipping.keep your stock bulbs close by.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:19 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Nice write up. When I was installing mines it took me a while to figure out where to put the ballasts. I attached the relay to the strut tower though.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:29 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Nice write up man, thanks. It's nice to see how some folk organize their wiring etc, yours looks perfect.

Not being a Dick or anything, but you don't have to bare the wires when you use the wire taps, they do that themselves when you compress them.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:24 PM
kdrshocker
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for all the compliments everyone!

goldenpony – The black thing on the tip of your bulb is a type of diffuser. It is normally a ceramic coating that keeps the light from coming straight out of the bulb. What I was talking about was the silver cup like cover IN the headlight housing itself. Also from what I found out I decided to go with the 35 watt kit because I didn’t want to replace my headlight housings right now. I was afraid that if I got a 55 watt Xenon HID bulb, there would be a greater increase in the possibility of melting the plastic housing (no proof if it will or not). To answer your last question, I love them.

madmax69ca – I didn’t order the fog light bulbs yet so I can’t give you a truthful answer. I can only assume that there should not be anymore problems installing the kit in the fog lights than installing them in your normal headlight housing. The only additional problem that I can foresee would be the mounting location of the additional 2 ballasts.

marcuskeeler – Thanks for the compliment! – I know your not being a dick. The only reasons why I stripped the wires was to ensure a 100% connection between the two. I also did it with this write up in mind and figured there would be a lot less potential “problems” if people just stripped the wires. Rarely (meaning I have done it and no one else has), those wire taps will just compress the wire down in the groove without cutting the insulation.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:46 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Here for a few days and already building a good name. Nice write up and report and I am sure many, including myself, will book mark this. As for China crap, most everything we buy is built in China anyways, its just you have to make sure there is a good chance to have recourse with the company you go with. Ill probably give it a go myself.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

kdrshocker: I also went with the 35 watt kit. I think the 35W kit will be such an improvment over the stock headlights, I figured the 55W would be maybe too bright and other drivers already hate HIDs anyway so why make a problem worse, I also figured there had to be a lot less heat. I also went with 6000K bulb Bi-Xenon bulbs.I can't wait to get my kit in the mail.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:19 PM
avengence
3rd Gear Member

Looks good. I am thinking of going with HID. Going from my G35 to this car, I can see why people like HIDs. First time I turned on my headlights in my mustang it didnt even seem like they were on. This will make a huge difference on visibility. So these work as high-beams as well?

Quick Reply: DIY HID INSTALL on a 2007 V6