Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UDP and TBS Installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:16 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: UDP and TBS Installed

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

When carburator equipped cars were popular, the TBS had some merit since it effectively lengthened theintake path after the fuel spray. This allowed a more thorough and even mixing of the air and fuel. Locating a TBSwhere it sits on our cars is just nonsense.
I've always thought TBS were a relic of carburated engines that people tried to apply to fuel injected cars. I'd be willing to bet they have an affect on TBI equipped cars too.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:50 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I am not saying that the TBS added anything, all I am saying is that the combination woke up the car. It is going to be pretty hard to get the same dyno conditions since it was done in the summer and it is winter now. There is no whistle at all coming from the engine. I did notice that when down shifting there is more of a rumble out the tail pipes which sounds cool as hell with those SLP LMs. Going from 0-60 comes really fast now. I am just impressed about the performance of the car now. There are some TBSs on ebay for real cheap. I got the MMR TBS that was never installed off ebay for about $35 shipped. I bought the Steeda UDPs for about $125 shipped from another forums classified section. I think it was all worth the money.

Thanks to those who replied positively.

Here are couple of my favorite pictures.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:02 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

You've made me anxious to see what mine feels like after I get mine installed tomorrow morning.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:17 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Let me know how it feels. Just make sure you have everything tied down in the trunk and nothing that will fly around inside the car. Remember to shut off the traction control.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

I have the Steeda UDP's, and in my opinion they're a good mod. The car seems to rev a bit more freely. As far as the other mod, I wouldn't have bothered with that one, 'cause honestly I can't see how it could possibly do anything for you. But opinions are like we all have one, as long as you're happy, that's all thats important. Love the shot of the car Smoking them tires!!!!!
Old 11-29-2007, 11:45 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I just got my UDP installed this morning. I can feel the car reving alot more freely, it's a bit easier to blip the throttle for a quick downshift now. Also, I notice a little more low end power.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:45 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I just got my UDP installed this morning. I can feel the car reving alot more freely, it's a bit easier to blip the throttle for a quick downshift now. Also, I notice a little more low end power.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:49 AM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Congrats on the added HP
Old 11-29-2007, 11:54 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

Was that worth the wait or not? How is your 0-60 times now? I have the Steeda UDPs that I bought used for about $115 and was well worth that price.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:32 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

Was that worth the wait or not? How is your 0-60 times now? I have the Steeda UDPs that I bought used for about $115 and was well worth that price.
Well to be honest, I haven't really beat on it too much since they were installed. I was messing around a little bit and I did a 4th gear pull on an open road, and it seems like I hit 100mph faster than I normally would. Part of me wishes I would have installed my CMDP, tune, and UDP all at once. I think that I'm still spoiled by the power boost I saw when I did my intake and tune. I do believe they add/free power. I'll have to wait and see at the next dyno day if I break 300whp, that was my target.

Quick Reply: UDP and TBS Installed