Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holy crap hurst shifter

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:07 PM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

Default Holy crap hurst shifter

So i was getting an oil change and got lazy and decided to go to Ford to get it done... i went on the showroom floor and they had a badass shelby gt. I was checking it out and i was talkin to the sales rep and he told me to hop in and check it out and look at the hurst shifter. Holy ****! that thing has a short throw. i moved the shifter and i was like... thats it? he was like yup! i noticed it was kinda of notchy but man, that thing has a short throw. I really want one now. Im convinced. By the way i think it was silver i cant remember what color the shelby was but it had striped it was nice and all decked out.. 2008 for 42k. Sound about right? They really jack up the price for it only having around 50 more HP (he told me thats the HP dif) and just a couple suspension things.
Im amazed at the hurst shifters throw, it really makes the stock shifter seem like a slot machine lever.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:13 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Holy crap hurst shifter

The shelby GT has 19 extra HP and the sticker is only 39ish, 42 is a damn good deal if that is what they actually were selling it for.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:18 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Forget the name and do it yourself...make sure you install that hurst the right way or the rattle will drive you insane [:@]
Old 11-29-2007, 08:25 PM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

I already have a rattle in my shifter area that drives me insane, especially on long trips... and yea the sticker price was at 33 with a 9k dealer markup.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:52 PM
4mySon
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05slpGT

So i was getting an oil change and got lazy and decided to go to Ford to get it done... i went on the showroom floor and they had a badass shelby gt. I was checking it out and i was talkin to the sales rep and he told me to hop in and check it out and look at the hurst shifter. Holy ****! that thing has a short throw. i moved the shifter and i was like... thats it? he was like yup! i noticed it was kinda of notchy but man, that thing has a short throw. I really want one now. Im convinced. By the way i think it was silver i cant remember what color the shelby was but it had striped it was nice and all decked out.. 2008 for 42k. Sound about right? They really jack up the price for it only having around 50 more HP (he told me thats the HP dif) and just a couple suspension things.
Im amazed at the hurst shifters throw, it really makes the stock shifter seem like a slot machine lever.

Wait till you put one in your car. Sweet, sweet sweet.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:23 PM
Explosive

Yea, I have seen one at the dealer, sweet car. Just put the ****er in yours and call it good.

They wouldn't let us inside the GT500 though [:@]
Old 11-29-2007, 09:32 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I love my Hurst shifter. I sat in a Shelby GT at the Detroit autoshow and decided that I must have one. The install was pretty easy, it was my first mod. I used a set of ramps to lift the car up enough to get access to the shifter.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:54 AM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Explosive

Yea, I have seen one at the dealer, sweet car. Just put the ****er in yours and call it good.

They wouldn't let us inside the GT500 though [:@]
yeah they didnt have one but we were talking and he mentioned that they put ropes around the gt500...lame game... i really want a hurst now holy crap i need money! i got an xbox 360 elitefor xmas so im done shopping.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:54 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Please dontever try onewith a MGW....... Your budget will hurt even worse.
Of course you will die broke but happy......
Old 11-30-2007, 07:32 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Amazon.com sells the Hurst for $191.00.

Quick Reply: Holy crap hurst shifter