Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT 500 Front End

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 06:06 AM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: GT 500 Front End

It's very expensive for just an appearance mod, IMO. However, I don't think that its being a poser unless you put on the snake emblems.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:15 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the pics!
Old 11-30-2007, 04:21 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

wait a couple years and they will be less than 1K painted with fogs and grills and lights. for now you can spend your cash on performance.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:25 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: QatarStang

It's very expensive for just an appearance mod, IMO. However, I don't think that its being a poser unless you put on the snake emblems.
+1
Old 11-30-2007, 05:02 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

Don't do the front end without doing the rest of the car, it will look horrible and all that will happen is you'll let everyone know that you are a poser.
You would need to have the hood too, to me it looks more like a V6 with the regular hood. With a chin spoiler, I like our GT front end better.

Oh you guys are breaking my heart. You are saying my car looks like a V6, poser piece of $hit?[] And I thought it looked pretty good. Maybe Ill convert it back. Good thing I save all my parts.

Mellow, I'm with you man...
Your car looks great, much better than astock GT or a GT with aRoush bumper.
Because people can't afford your front end, the car looks bad?? What's the logic in that?
How come they don't complain about the GT500 look, because it's faster?

Anyway, I like that swap.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:12 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: tungstenstang

wait a couple years and they will be less than 1K painted with fogs and grills and lights. for now you can spend your cash on performance.

You wish...[8D]
Are you familiar with Ford pricing?
It will only go up, same with the front end of a Taurus and any other car for that matter.

Back in 2000, a front bumper cover for a F150 Lightning was about $420. Now, it's $580 and they don't make that truck anymore.

I buy too much Ford stuff and my experience is, the prices of parts never goes down on HI.Po cars, never.

The reason why the GT500 swap is cosltly is because you have to buy a lot off parts, no just a cover.

Having said that, I would love to be wrong on the Shelby parts.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Don't do the front end without doing the rest of the car, it will look horrible and all that will happen is you'll let everyone know that you are a poser.
You would need to have the hood too, to me it looks more like a V6 with the regular hood. With a chin spoiler, I like our GT front end better.

Oh you guys are breaking my heart. You are saying my car looks like a V6, poser piece of $hit?[] And I thought it looked pretty good. Maybe Ill convert it back. Good thing I save all my parts.
You pull it off because you have the Foose Wheels. I've seen 2 other Mustangs that run your setup and they look good (alloy and black Mustangs)

If the GT500 front is the only mod you will do, it creates a very unsatisfactory image of the car and your result is more about being envious of a GT500 and being a poser rather than being able to outfit a car to look good.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:33 PM
DAVE06GT
1st Gear Member

to all those downing people putting gt500 parts or saleen or any other other kind for that matter-who cares if people think you're a "poser" because everybody has different interests and how you think your car looks is all that matters,not what everyone else thinks about it.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:37 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SabreXray

You need some stripes.

JP
This from the guy that has an incomplete looking stripe job.

And MellowYellow...your car looksgreat without stripes... I don't think you need them.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Well, I have every intent to do this mod (plus the addition of the Venom Trufiber hood) to my Vista Blue Mustang. Supercharger eventually too. Unfortunately, the only thing holding me back at the moment is enough money in the stash to do it.

Short of running around claiming the car to be something its not, I dont see the whole "poser" mentality. I have no doubt that if someone out runs ANY mustang of any type (V6 or whatever) the story they retell of their classic "kill" will always be how they killed a "mustang"....GT500 or otherwise (nothing kills a great story like facts). So the whole "poser" arguement is lost to me.

I'm in competition with no one but myself. Any mods, performance or otherwise, are for ME. Personally, I have every intent to either debadge my car completely or at the very least replace the GT badges with the horse ones or even the "powered by ford" ones.

To the OP, if you wanna see a Vista Blue one, keep an eye out.....depending on my wife and how long it takes me to "wear" her out , I expect to have my front end and hood installed and painted by this time next year at the latest, but am hoping by this fall. I've already ran the parts list through the dealer and know what my cost will be prior to painting. But I guarentee as soon as its done, I'll be posting pics.

Andretti

Quick Reply: GT 500 Front End