Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cervini's side exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 09:22 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: Cervini's side exhaust...

Oh and I am lowered 1.25 inches in the rear only and lucky so far with clearance issues where I have driven. PM for anything else guys!!!!!!!!! J
Old 12-02-2007, 03:24 AM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Oh and I am lowered 1.25 inches in the rear only and lucky so far with clearance issues where I have driven. PM for anything else guys!!!!!!!!! J
Hey, Let's say I want to level my car out more (you know how it's at an angle when you first buy it) should I lower the back end
1 inch or 1.25 inches like you did? Are you happy with your drop or is 1 inch enough to put that high rear end in check?
Old 12-02-2007, 05:07 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Very happy and I used the Steeda Ultralites they have a 1.25 inch drop and it leveled her great! Many online have done that to reduce rake or eliminate it alltogether! I do have an extra pair as the set from Steeda is sold front and back. I think roush sells the rear only or rather as separates! I went out to get them after i thought they were not included in the sale of the car to me new from the dealer. I popped the trunk and now I have 2 sets front and back just used the rears for me and will sell the other set on Ebay most likely. I like them because they are Ford blue as well. Thai PM sent!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:18 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

jjjmm49, that's a pretty good job on piecing together an exhaust. It looks a lot like what BBR came up with. I'm with marcuskeeler though, I think that has to cause restriction in the flow. I looked underneath trying to map out another way to rout the exhaust to reduce pipe length, reduce bends and raise the exhaust for clearance. I think the way you did it is the only way to improve clearance. -Joe
Old 12-03-2007, 03:02 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

BTW......whatever you do.....DON'T cut the cats on the side exhaust. I did this on my first C300 and it was so loud you couldn't carry on a conversation in the car....had to put them back on [&:]
Old 12-03-2007, 03:22 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: okbfd

BTW......whatever you do.....DON'T cut the cats on the side exhaust. I did this on my first C300 and it was so loud you couldn't carry on a conversation in the car....had to put them back on [&:]
I think you told me that once too, good advice. I was actually considering it until you said something. -Joe
Old 12-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I wanted this set up. But I am afraid I will destroy it with all of the pot holes.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:40 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: okbfd

We have off-road X pipe. It's very loud, but I don't mind. What I do mind are all the trumpets and crap because it's an X and not an H. But she loves it, and I have the H on my daily driver, so I have to live with it. Otherwise, I love it.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:56 AM
jjjmm49
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jbailer

jjjmm49, that's a pretty good job on piecing together an exhaust. It looks a lot like what BBR came up with. I'm with marcuskeeler though, I think that has to cause restriction in the flow. I looked underneath trying to map out another way to rout the exhaust to reduce pipe length, reduce bends and raise the exhaust for clearance. I think the way you did it is the only way to improve clearance. -Joe
Thanks now that I know were all the bends go I'll make the side pipes out of rectangular tube from the muffler out them get it heat coated. And I did copy BBRs style I saw there setup on a car and looked for clearance issues and tried to overcome them.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:10 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

My question is can you stilluse a prochamber with cervinis or do there pipes go right to the headers?

Quick Reply: Cervini's side exhaust...