Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fact or dealer BS

Old 03-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Jtiblier

Default Fact or dealer BS

I just spoke to a Dealer and he told me he can no longer order 05s with the IUP. He specifically said the assembly for the IUP is not working. He did not give me a time when this is going to be fixed.
wanted to know if this was BS
Old 03-09-2005, 09:40 PM
karazuba
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Fact or dealer BS

BS

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ad.php?t=38534
Old 03-09-2005, 10:51 PM
stangfreak2
2nd Gear Member

i think he could have ordered it for u but if it wuz an iup on a gt it would take freakin forever...i just ordered my v6 yesterday and the guy said it would be early july before i got it b/c of the iup but 6-10 w/o...i wanted it tho so looks like im gonna have to wait...i can see how he would SUGGEST not getting it but im sure its possible...just a long wait
Old 03-09-2005, 11:42 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I ordered my GT back in November with the IUP and Shaker 500. Do you think I would have it parked in my driveway by now or at least have a VIN? He11 NOOOOOOO. Dealer allocation really sucks in this neck of the woods. I think all the GTs are going to the all the larger cities in the southern states and California where they know that they can't keep them on the lots long enough to collect dust. There are alot of V6s around here but you can't find a GT, especially in the deluxe model. I have searched Dallas, Chicago, Louiseville, DC/Baltimore area, Houston, St. Louis, Indianapolis and Kansas City areas and there are not any around. If anyone sees a mineral gray deluxe with IUP and Shaker 500, please let me know. I am not going to pay over MSRP even though the one I ordered I can get for $150 over invoice.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:18 AM
loosenut
1st Gear Member

as fas as pay msrp u would be lucky to get it that cheap, im suprised if for the first year they dont sell for at least 2-3k OVER sticker,like i said AT LEAST,lol

Old 03-10-2005, 12:53 AM
Earl
1st Gear Member

There are plenty of GT's here in the D/FW area but yep, they are almost all Premiums - never even seen a Deluxe GT here.

Earl

ORIGINAL: 05GrayGT

I ordered my GT back in November with the IUP and Shaker 500. Do you think I would have it parked in my driveway by now or at least have a VIN? He11 NOOOOOOO. Dealer allocation really sucks in this neck of the woods. I think all the GTs are going to the all the larger cities in the southern states and California where they know that they can't keep them on the lots long enough to collect dust. There are alot of V6s around here but you can't find a GT, especially in the deluxe model. I have searched Dallas, Chicago, Louiseville, DC/Baltimore area, Houston, St. Louis, Indianapolis and Kansas City areas and there are not any around. If anyone sees a mineral gray deluxe with IUP and Shaker 500, please let me know. I am not going to pay over MSRP even though the one I ordered I can get for $150 over invoice.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:21 AM
JimmyT

I just don't know why dealers are playing this game! Part of the reason they say things like that is because they want you to buy a car from them right off the lot then and there. They are afraid that if a you leave, they will lose a potential buyer. Some dealerships have to wait longer for their cars because the bulk of cars built go to larger dealerships and/or dealerships that sell the most cars. i have yet to order, but i have talked with galpin ford and my wait for a GT with 1UP will be 2 months. (6-8 weeks)
Old 03-10-2005, 04:54 AM
Earl
1st Gear Member

Yep there are alot of allotment games - or ordering quotas or something going on.

Do what I did. Don't order, just get one off the lot. No you might not get everything you want (or maybe more than you wanted) but hey you don't wait

Mine was an ordered car but the fellow that ordered it had his financing fall through so the dealership called me up and asked if I was interested in it. It was built in January, delivered to the lot that month and purchased by me that month.

Premium GT, black with Red leather interior, IUP, Mycolor, Shaker 500, etc...basically everything but Shaker 1000 (which I have remedied anyways with an aftermarket amp/sub) and side airbags. Nah I wouldn't have likely gotten black if I had ordered - and probably not the red interior. Most certainly I would have ordered an Auto instead of manual. At the time I "thought" I liked the upgraded wheels better - this one came with the standard Bullits.

Since getting it though I've fallen in love with the colors and wouldn't swap out the wheels if someone paid me $1000 to boot. And I've grown to love the stick too - I'm driving the car instead of it driving me.

I went around to all the dealerships in town telling them what I was wanting. None had GT's on the lot that moment but they all took my info. Four days later this one was delivered, the deal fell through for the person that ordered it and so they called me. I purchased it that nite after a test drive.

I work with a fellow that ordred a windveil blue GT in November. He finally took delivery of it last week. He had to endure almost 2 months of me driving one and watching the upgrades get applied (Magnaflow catback exhaust, spinner caps, tinting, amp/sub, etc...all while he patiently waited.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:25 AM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

I think it most definately is dealer BS. On Fords Mustang Website they still show the following text as an available option:

The Interior Upgrade Package includes: satin aluminum-finish instrument panel appliqué, leather-wrapped steering wheel with satin aluminum spokes, satin aluminum-plated shift lever with automatic transmission, bright polished register rings and leather-wrapped sport shift **** for manual transmission, satin aluminum-plated door handles, satin aluminum door sill scuff plate with bright MUSTANG lettering insert, special bright polished 6-gauge cluster with MyColor feature (color-configurable cluster with up to 125 color choices), and Dark Charcoal Aberdeen pattern front door panel inserts

Now I know there could be delays but I wouldn't be taking there word as is. If you truly want the option order it. If it takes a little longer and it is something you really want won't the wait be worth it?

I think that if you settle on something less than what you truly want, the next time you see one you'll be kicking yourself for not ordering it. Just my opinion....
Old 03-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05GrayGT

I think our cars will be rolling out of the same assembly line. I too ordered in November (11/10/04) and I haven't received the car or a serial number. On order:

05 GT Premium, Mineral Grey, Charcoal leather, Manual, Shaker 500 with polished aluminum wheels.

In the back yard:

Borla Cat-back, 4.10 Gears, Steeda CAI and SCT X-Calibrator

Trust me 05 Gray GT, the waiting sucks and it gets very frustrating when family, friends and co-workers ask you if you have received the car and the response is always "no, i haven't heard anything"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fact or dealer BS