Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani Race Axle Back

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Default Bassani Race Axle Back

I'm interested in these mufflers because they sound nice and deep, while remaining under control. I was wondering if there was anybody out there with these. They certainly look like a Borla product to me, and I was wondering if they were just Borla stingers with Bassani written on them. I hate Borlas.

Bassani says they make them, but I don't trust that just yet. Any opinions on the product would be appreciated. I'll definitely give Brenspeed a ring when they open next.

Thanks!

[IMG]local://upfiles/76595/AE954E10752C43FEABC3281FEED4C706.gif[/IMG]

Old 11-30-2007, 06:10 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Bassani Race Axle Back

I'm currently watching a set on Ebay from Brenspeed take-off dept. 5 days left on the auction, if I can get them for less than $200 bucks (not very likely though) I'll have them in about a week and post a clip. They'rethe only exhaust other than my current JBA evols that I would really like to hear on my car. And the round mufflers look pretty tight!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:26 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

You hate borla? why is that?

Those are not Borla Stingers.........similar, but they are not. So, buy and enjoy!!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Borla makes the FRPP ones, right? And they sound pretty damn good. I'd also like to hear the FRPP Supremes on my car. I really like the Bassani races, if I canlocate some atthe right price I'll have them.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:38 PM
nycstang37
1st Gear Member

awesome mufflers, i have em, rest of teh exhuast is stock. relatively quiet in the car, but outside, they sound awesome! definately buy them, and yes bassani makes them, not borla.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:46 PM
miloman
3rd Gear Member

I don't have the race series, but I have the standard axle back system with the catted x-pipe, and it sounds pretty phucking burly. I'm pretty sure Bassani makes their own products. The borla's and Bassani's don't even look similar.

here's a link to see the Borla system
http://www.borla.com/products/prod_w...arge/11750.jpg

here's a link for the Bassani Race system
http://www.bassani.com/popup_image_new.php?id=109
Old 11-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Destonn has the Race mufflers -- Pm him about them
Old 11-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the great input guys.

I'm just not a fan of Borla's. It seems in many of the applications I heard drone. However, I have heard some really nice FRPP mufflers that made me think otherwise. Not to mention, my dad isn't a fan of Borla and since my car will become our project car, I don't think he will support it. To each their own I guess!
Old 11-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

The Bassani Race mufflers, as stated on their website info, says "these mufflers produce a lot of drone". Funny that they would tell you that. I'm used to drone, my truck has flowmaster super 40's which are the drone kings! They sound great at part throttle and idle though and if I didn't have 4.56 gears on the truck the drone probably wouldn't bother me all that much [8D].
Old 11-30-2007, 08:21 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Yes I have them and they are AWESOME...I don't really know about any other setups but I can say that you will NOT be disappointed. I added the PYPES O/R h-pipe but it got crazy loud and I was scaring people as I went by. I added the Magnaflow 18" glass packs and the sound is like sex. I get compliments all the time...middle of traffic people will hit me up about the sound. I do have cams also and the lope adds to it.

Quick Reply: Bassani Race Axle Back