Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-15-2015, 07:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

When are they going to do a recall for the gas tanks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 05:53 PM
BradC
1st Gear Member

Default RE: When are they going to do a recall for the gas tanks?

Thanks for the email Scott. I'm stopping at the dealership on my way home tonight to order some accessories, and I'll bring the TSB in to have them schedule me an appointment.

Just so I don't sound totally ignorant when I go in there, what does TSB stand for, and is this part of a bulletin that goes out to dealerships and/or repair shops or what?

Thanks.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:32 PM
levi

I have had it with the trouble filling my gas tank...[:@]

Would someone please email me the TBS

Frank.pinker@komag.com

Thanks much ahead of time.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:42 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

you should have it.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:52 PM
GW2000

Could I get a copy of this TSB also please. Email: ian_gaffiney@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance

Ian
Old 03-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

You MotherF*ckers Highjacked my POST in this forum!!! lol.. . Now they all think you ( lost) and scott are the heroS!!! J/K

Just to clear up a few thing, the dealership DOES not know about ANY TSB's. Basically this is what happens...

First i pull in a 2005 FORD Mustang GT, the repair order says. "Customer says she has troubles pumping gas." I laugh to myself and i talk to my neighbor in the shop and say what a moron this ladie is. She cant even fill her gas tank. lol....
I pull it in my bay, and check it out. Well, it seems to be ok, i check out the valve make sure it opens stick a tube down there. Everything seems ok....
Keep in mind, i would be doing this before i knew about the TSb for the fuel tank..
NOW some techs, might laugh and say ok, i found nothing
But others like myself, go to the computer sitting at dispatch.. Go to the Professional FORD website. Go to OASIS and type in the VIN. Then type in code numbers for "fuel problems" then it comes up with TSB's. FORD publishes TSB's to help us technicians before we call the tech-line at FORD. So i check and i find one. NOW i know FORD has problems with the fuel tanks, i print it, show it to the parts people they order a revised gas tank and then i show the ladie she isnt crazy and she is happy. I replace it fill it up and ship it. She gets survey in the mail, checking off all the "great" boxes and everyone is happy..... END OF STORY!!
Old 03-11-2005, 08:30 PM
BradC
1st Gear Member

To give credit where credit is due:

Thanks for the info Casper! [sm=smiley32.gif]

Luckily I had found this message board on Wednesday and the first time I filled up was Thursday so I was ready for it and sure enough I had the trouble. I would have felt like such a tool if I couldn't fill up my own gas tank before I knew there was an issue. [sm=headbang.gif]
Old 03-11-2005, 09:09 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

That hurts casper.. I gave props to you days ago:

https://mustangforums.com/m_426050/tm.htm
Old 03-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Thanks... I was kidding. I dont really care how people get their info, as long as they get it!!! Thanks to you these people didnt have to wait 4-5 days before i could find time to come post again. lol.

So THANKS to you guys for helping everyone out.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Casper98GT

You MotherF*ckers Highjacked my POST in this forum!!! lol.. . Now they all think you ( lost) and scott are the heroS!!! J/K

Just to clear up a few thing, the dealership DOES not know about ANY TSB's. Basically this is what happens...

First i pull in a 2005 FORD Mustang GT, the repair order says. "Customer says she has troubles pumping gas." I laugh to myself and i talk to my neighbor in the shop and say what a moron this ladie is. She cant even fill her gas tank. lol....
I pull it in my bay, and check it out. Well, it seems to be ok, i check out the valve make sure it opens stick a tube down there. Everything seems ok....
Keep in mind, i would be doing this before i knew about the TSb for the fuel tank..
NOW some techs, might laugh and say ok, i found nothing
But others like myself, go to the computer sitting at dispatch.. Go to the Professional FORD website. Go to OASIS and type in the VIN. Then type in code numbers for "fuel problems" then it comes up with TSB's. FORD publishes TSB's to help us technicians before we call the tech-line at FORD. So i check and i find one. NOW i know FORD has problems with the fuel tanks, i print it, show it to the parts people they order a revised gas tank and then i show the ladie she isnt crazy and she is happy. I replace it fill it up and ship it. She gets survey in the mail, checking off all the "great" boxes and everyone is happy..... END OF STORY!!
Sweet, I get a second dealer fill up ??? They filled it up when new, mostly to have a reason for the salesman to drive her. lol
Old 03-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Silver Streak

Hey Casper98GT, is there a way for us to get a list of all the common TSB's being utilized for the 2005 stang. I would like to know all the problems on my new car before I get it in two weeks. Thanks in advance.... Silver Streak..

Quick Reply: When are they going to do a recall for the gas tanks?