Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of Steeda/Boy racer wings?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:28 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Pics of Steeda/Boy racer wings?

i like the roush or the ducktails the best thats what im goin to get when i get money
Old 01-24-2008, 09:36 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Those big wings look great on the track, no doubt about that! The problem is when you get on the streets into daily driving, where 99% of the world just sees a high school kid ricer ruining a nice car.

as for the steeda street wing... It looks like stock except flows much better with the car. It goes perfect. If it werent for $$$ I'd replace my stock with it....
Old 01-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

the lower profile steeda one is ok to me, i wouldnt use it myself but it goes with the car just fine in my opinion..now that bigger steeda one..and that boy racer..complete crap, and makes the car look just ridiculous, whats worse is when someone has only the wing and not the rest of the kit(i've actually seen a V6 like that, complete stock body except the boy racer wing[:'(]), atleast with the entire body kit it will go with SOMETHING and not look like a hunk of crap slapped on the back of the car doing nothing but making the trunk lid heavier when opening

with that said, if you dont like the stock one go with either the roush or a ducktail
Old 01-24-2008, 09:50 AM
eric6913
2nd Gear Member

theres that word ricer in referrence to big wings again. i laugh (with a big L) at all the ignorrant forums members chiming in. by the way its not meant for drag racers which most of you narrow minded users are.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Rat GT
2nd Gear Member

I've been looking at wings andducktails to replace my stocker and decided on the GT500 wing. It was just the right size and shape for my taste. Now I have to find a decent shop to get it painted.

While searching for ideas, I came across some interesting interpretations of the said 'wing'.

First, there's this budget version that couldpossibly be adaptedto fit the S197...

The next example is slightly more involvedbut I'm not sure if I could find exhaust tips of that diameter for my Mustang for that 'complete' look.

And then of course there's the adventurous style but I think you'd need a building permit for something like that.

Please note, the words 'rice' and 'ricer' do not appear anywhere withing this text. [sm=shootshoot.gif]

Regarding the RB wing, I think it would look good on an import but not on the S197.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:27 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rford426

HELL NO sorry but those shopping cart wings look straight rice...ducktail has the looks

I whole heartedly agree. Just say NO, Hell NO, especially on a Vert.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:11 PM
rehtorb
1st Gear Member

I for one like the low profile wing but other than looks what’s the point if you have no intention of racing. If you think that’s what your car needs to complete the look than go for it, you should be purchasing those parts for your enjoyment not our approval.

When I hear people hate on rice it just gives me a tee hee. All I can think of is some old guy in the 50's going... "Those damn kids with those chopped and channeled 32's..bbaahh..You can’t even see out the window there so thin.. Menace to other drivers... bbbaahh!... loud exhaust and suicide front end.. its horrible!!” In my head he’s in a rocker on the front porch smoking a corn cob pipe. I say get over it, what people call rice is the same thing every generation has done before, attempt to express themselves though being unique is some way with the materials at hand. If your gona hate then pull up a rocker and pack the pipe.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:35 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

I SAY, LET EVERYONE BE HEARD. The saga continues. What will the next generations term be for rice?
Old 01-24-2008, 01:36 PM
blk07gt
2nd Gear Member

go for the roush wing or a ducktail
Old 01-24-2008, 02:11 PM
rehtorb
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

I SAY, LET EVERYONE BE HEARD. The saga continues. What will the next generations term be for rice?
My guess is it will be knockin on electric cars... them dang darn Lipo capacitors!!

I agree everyone should be heard.. but it wolnt stop me from tee heeing at the bbaaahhh ricer haters.

Quick Reply: Pics of Steeda/Boy racer wings?