Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's December and I waxed my car

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 08:17 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

Default RE: It's December and I waxed my car

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

ORIGINAL: ThumperMX113

If you don't want any white residue, than just take the extra 5 minutes to tape off everything. 3M Blue Painters tape works wonders. Next time around, try it and 2 coats of NXT. I'm a little OCD about detailing so if you want advice, feel free to shoot me a PM.

+1 I use the ICE liquid polish and follow it with NXT paste(after an initial Meguiar's claying) and use the NXT spray wax after every 4 washes to maintain a great shine.
I don't use ICE, don't want you to get the wrong idea. My personal routine for a full detail is Clay, Meguairs #9, Meguiars #80, two coats of NXT followed by Meguiars #26. It's an amazing end result.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:18 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pascal

TPony, I thought you werefrom GA or somewhere in the south, judging by the way you post ya know.
Nope, I am originally from South Bronx, NY but being in the military and all...I am now from everywhere and no where...but I am currently stationed in the Evergreen State...so I am a Wetshingtonian.....
Old 12-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

That's one nice GO you have. We have 4 inches of snow here in Jersey, and now it is string to sleet and freezing rain.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:48 PM
S197_GTvert
2nd Gear Member

lol i wax mine regardless my girl thinks i am and addict......Hi my name is Leon And i am addicted mustangs[8D]
Old 12-03-2007, 09:44 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Thurman

That's one nice GO you have. We have 4 inches of snow here in Jersey, and now it is string to sleet and freezing rain.[:@]
Thanks, man. My wife says that it's a waste of time and money to mod a car like this, but OTOH, I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't mess with other women, so I deserve having a nice car. She's a wonderful woman, and I'm lucky to have her.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:49 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

If you don't want any white residue, than just take the extra 5 minutes to tape off everything. 3M Blue Painters tape works wonders. Next time around, try it and 2 coats of NXT. I'm a little OCD about detailing so if you want advice, feel free to shoot me a PM.

+1 I use the ICE liquid polish and follow it with NXT paste(after an initial Meguiar's claying) and use the NXT spray wax after every 4 washes to maintain a great shine.
I don't use ICE, don't want you to get the wrong idea. My personal routine for a full detail is Clay, Meguairs #9, Meguiars #80, two coats of NXT followed by Meguiars #26. It's an amazing end result.
Man, that would kill me. I'm a little past my prime, and just a wash and wax yesterday made me have sore muscles today. Old age sucks!

Your car must look awesome. Got any pictures?

Old 12-03-2007, 09:49 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Nice web site Bill...
Old 12-03-2007, 10:01 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TPony

Nice web site Bill...
Thanks. I have my own web server and use Fusion 7 to generate my web pages. I use JAlbum to create the latest of the picture albums. The earlier ones were created with Fusion. Not that you asked, LOL...
Old 12-03-2007, 10:39 AM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

nice pics. love your license plate.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:46 AM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wthalliii

Man, that would kill me. I'm a little past my prime, and just a wash and wax yesterday made me have sore muscles today. Old age sucks!

Your car must look awesome. Got any pictures?

I feel you about being sore, I broke my back at the age of sixteen racing motocross. Trust me, it's a work out for me and I'm young!

I'll try to get some photos loaded soon, too damn lazy to post pictures of a stock GT. LOL

Quick Reply: It's December and I waxed my car