MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   XCal2 - Saving tunes to PC? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/377354-xcal2-saving-tunes-to-pc.html)

ccdguy 12-02-2007 07:05 PM

XCal2 - Saving tunes to PC?

Hey guys,

Got a question.... I have three Brenspeed tunes on my XCal2. (87/89/93) Brent has sent me three new revised tunes to try out on my car. My questions is, is there any way to offload the original tunes from the tuner onto my PC, load the revised tunes and try them out? And if the new, revised tunes are not working as well as the original tunes on my car, then I would like to be able to deleted the revised tunes and reload the original ones onto the tuner. Any advice?? Thanks !

howarmat 12-02-2007 07:12 PM

RE: XCal2 - Saving tunes to PC?

nope....sct doesnt do that, predator allows for this, you can have brent just email the 3 original tunes though also

mikf44 12-02-2007 07:50 PM

What I'm going to do is delete one then load the new ones one at a time in the same slot. That was the only solution I could come up with.

howarmat 12-02-2007 08:03 PM

I would start with the 87 oct.....i have never put 87 in my car let alone use a tune for it

ccdguy 12-03-2007 06:24 PM

Thanks guys. I e-mailed Brent, and he will send me the original tunes later this week. That way, I will have both, the original and the revised tunes available.
Ohh, and as far as using the 87 tune from Brent as a tune on my Stang.... Well, I don't use that one per say, since there is a very small performance increase, but it is good to have it on the Xcal just in case, and let's face it.... The greatly reduced throttle lag, and the firmer shift points is good enough of a reason for me to have it handy. Right now, I'm strickly running on Brent's 93 tune, and it is absolutely first rate. Even my wife and my dad when they drove the car noticed the difference and they definitely had a "small" <READ> BIG grin on their faces when they opened her up on the road ! [8D]

GT John 12-03-2007 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: ccdguy

Hey guys,

Got a question.... I have three Brenspeed tunes on my XCal2. (87/89/93) Brent has sent me three new revised tunes to try out on my car. My questions is, is there any way to offload the original tunes from the tuner onto my PC, load the revised tunes and try them out? And if the new, revised tunes are not working as well as the original tunes on my car, then I would like to be able to deleted the revised tunes and reload the original ones onto the tuner. Any advice?? Thanks !
Have Brent email your 3 existing tunesconverted tothe .LL3extension then save them to your LiveLoad file on your PC. The new files you receive from Brentshould be in the .LL3 format, if not have him convert them from .xtr to .LL3 before sending.

The files in the SCT2 are in the .xtr format and are proprietary.

No problem at all, have done it many, many times.

Nuke 12-03-2007 08:33 PM

ORIGINAL: ccdguy

...as far as using the 87 tune from Brent as a tune on my Stang.... Well, I don't use that one per say, since there is a very small performance increase...
Actually, there is a more noticeable difference in performance between the stock 87 tune and Brent's custom 87 tune then there is between Brent's 87 and 93 tunes.